A Debut of a Lifetime

Start from the beginning

"Fazbear...." Centi said, trying to figure out why that name was familiar to her. "Hey, isn't that the name of that new pizzeria that opened up in the Ark?"

"Wait what?" The Commander said surprised. "You're telling me a company from before the First Invasion somehow survived without being wiped out by one of the Big Three?"

"Well, the funny thing is, neither of us have heard of Fazbear Entertainment until recently." Liter explained. "We were under the impression it was a fairly new company, given that it only opened up its shop the other day. Maybe you should ask Talentum more about it, given that business is their forte."

"That sounds like a good idea." The Commander said with a nod. "And what about the animatronic?"

"What about it?" Liter asked.

"Can it be fixed?" The Commander asked the Mighty Tools members.

"Of course it can." Centi replied eagerly. "That being said, we would need to replace the outdated hardware and also check on the CPU. This battery pack only lasts 3 hours, so we'll need to replace it with an internal core and outfit the endoskeleton with carbon fiber."

"Now, hold on just a second." Liter said, stopping her protégé. "This animatronic doesn't belong to us, not to mention said company has somehow resurfaced a century later, making them technically the owners of this big guy."

"Then why haven't they claimed it?" Neon questioned, earning a groan from Anis.

"They probably don't even know this rust bucket is here." Anis said with a huff. "Anyway, I say screw those corporate slobs, we should fix the animatronic and keep it here at the Outpost."

"And what would we do with a hundred-plus year old animatronic bear?" The Commander questioned.

"Maybe one of the squads could use it in one of their shops. I'm sure Cocoa would geek out at the sight of this robot." Centi suggested.

"Hmm..." The Commander hummed, starting to think before he looked at Rapi. "What do you think we should do, Rapi?"

"While it's true that if Fazbear Entertainment has resurfaced, then they could claim the animatronic as their property if they wanted to." Rapi explained. "However, given that they seem to not be aware of its presence, they probably wouldn't care about an animatronic from over a hundred years ago that possesses outdated tech."

"Also, isn't it true that when something is a hundred years old or over that it becomes public domain?" Anis asked.

"If the creator of said property has been dead for 70 years or more, then yes." Rapi replied. "Given that the original creators of this animatronic most likely died before or after the First Invasion, I would think that the copyright no longer applies. That being said, Commander, whatever we choose to do with the animatronic, falls to your decision as our C.O. and the highest ranking member of the Outpost."

"Liter, Centi, get this big guy fixed up. If you have to replace the parts, then do it." Commander Isgaeum said. "Once the repairs have been made, I'll make my decision."

"Alright then, let's get to work, Centi!" Liter said before the two of them began to repair the ancient animatronic.

"What should we do in the meantime, Commander?" Anis wondered.

"If Fazbear Entertainment as a company is back, then maybe we should check the place out. Talentum should be able to provide us with more info too, given that we struck a deal the other day in regard to the resources and budget in the Outpost." The Commander replied.

"Then it's a trip to the Ark today?" Neon asked.

"Yep." The Commander said with a nod.

"Let's be on our way then." Rapi said, in which she and the others left for the Ark.