Disclaimer and Author's Note

This book is a work of fiction. Any relevance to a person dead or alive is purely coincidental. This work is of the author, Siya and may not be plagiarised in any form ( print or digital) in part or complete form. If any such act is found then a strict action of copyright infringement will be reported

Author's Note:

- This is a historical fiction and a retelling of the life of Karna-  the events and characterisations are strictly based on BORI CE.

-I have taken BORI CE as my primary source of information for this book.

- Some creative liberties are taken to lend depth, layers and reasoning to characters. However, I will not be deviating from what they are known, especially the main character Karna who has been a subject of great misrepresentation in popular media.

- The wives of Karna have no particular mention in most unabridged versions. All the tales we have known about them have either been from folklore or are works of fiction by other authors. They do not necessarily have anything canon to them. There is very little information available about them

- Uruvi (Karna's wife) is a character who appears in folklore and is seen as someone critical of Karna and his background as a Suta. Since the caste system of Dwapar Yuga is not the same as we know today (the folklore leans on a more modern understanding of the caste system as compared to the times of Mahabharat), her character sees a slightly different approach to suit the times.

-Dakshayani is an original character and a product of my imagination and creation. She will be presented as one of Karna's wives. 

-This book does not promote hatred or casteism.  This will be discussed in greater detail under the chapters' author's notes with proofs from BORI CE. You are free to interpret them as you will and we can have a healthy discussion if I may have interpreted them wrong or simply share your opinions. 

- Please refrain from blatantly bashing/hating the book just because the main character is presented as he is in the texts and not what you have been used to through popular media. This book presents a raw and capturing tale of one of the four villains of Mahabharat- the tale of the trunk (Karna) of the tree of Passion (Duryodhan).

- Constructive criticisms are always welcome and most importantly I hope you enjoy reading this book.

This book is marked mature. This is suitable for audiences aged 16 and above. The trigger warnings have been provided below. Please read the trigger warnings below and make an informed decision about reading the book.

Trigger Warnings:
-war and gore
-death
-degrading words against women
-Villain's perspective 
- mentions about prostitution and human trading 
- casteist remarks passed on casually by the main character
-teenage pregnancy
-abandoning of a child at birth
-unreliable narrator (Karna is the narrator and those who have read BORI very well know the self-obsessed person this man is)

Your mental health and well-being is important. If there are issues and you think I must update the trigger warning list - please get in touch with me via direct messages, either through Wattpad or Instagram(the username is the same).