"What's that got to do with math... anyways." Jeb let out a heavy sigh, shaking his head in exasperation. "Boothill, you gotta think these things through," he scolded gently. "Sneakin' into a royal ball ain't no small matter. What if you get caught?"

Boothill nodded solemnly, his guilt weighing heavily on him. "I know, man," he replied, his voice tinged with regret. "But I couldn't ignore the chance to be near her again, even if it meant bendin' the rules a bit."

Jeb placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, his expression softening with understanding. "I get it, man," he said, his tone gentle. "But ya gotta be careful. If word gets out 'bout this, it could spell trouble for both of us."

Boothill nodded, his resolve hardening as he met Jeb's gaze. "I'll keep my wits 'bout me, Jeb. I promise," he vowed, his voice firm. "But for now, I​ gotta see her again."

"Never seen you so... hung up, before."

"I ain't hung up, ya idiot! I just think she's real cool..."

"...and pretty."

"Okay I get it, loser. Go party with the prissy people."

He didn't even take too much pride in his appearance, to be honest. His usual attire will do. Or at least that's what he believed.

After a smooth journey, he arrived at the entrance, turning his nose up at the sappy stuck up environment he was faced with. "Yowza... tough crowd."

"Can I see your invitation..?"

"Yeah. This here's my invitation." There wasn't even a look of guilt on his face, despite the forgery. His face was one of smug-ness. "Hurry up now."

"You... may enter."

"Don't give me that look ya snob, I ain't like you nobles."

The man on the door gave him a look of "what the actual fuck dude" but carried on his work regardless.

...

"We've danced enough, leave me alone now!" God she was just... pissed off at this random guy. "I would like to talk to others."

"...what would your parents think, y/n?" His hand slipped to her waist, causing her stomach to churn with absolute disgust.

"Hands off me, weirdo! I don't care what my parents have to say. You're a freak!" She pushed him off her so silently as to not cause a scene. And with that, she slipped off to find somewhere secluded.

"Hey—!"

"Save it, loser. I'm not dancing with a noble bitch who can't even keep it in his pants, ugh."

Many wish to be rich and noble, but god, for her? It was like a curse she could never be freed from. If she ran away, someone would find her asap. There was no escape, it was never ever ending. Her future was set out, planned. There was no denying it. God she just wishes she was born regular.

She slipped off into the shadows, before a hand slightly tugged at hers.

As Boothill scanned the elegant ballroom, his heart sank at the sight of her talking to some other guy. Even though they didn't seem to be getting along, a pang of jealousy surged through him, but he quickly pushed it aside, determined to seize his opportunity before it slipped away. "He looks like a real saddo!"