Chapter 26

Elizabeth's PoV

"Thank you guys for coming tonight I'm not going to drag this out any longer than it has to, has I know how long you've been here for. First start on improvements"she says, I internally huff has from experience this is the worse part.

I sit there listening to her ramble about some mistakes each department has made and I can proudly say I'm not included in these mistakes.

"Professor Olsen,law department. She has done excellent work for this university, her students thriving in her classes setting a clear expectation of how things should be run."she kindly says my cheeks burning up at the attention the rooms giving me giving them a shy smile in return.

"And that's why I'm promoting her to head of the legal department"she announces my head snapping up at the idea. Her assistant comes to me giving me a sealed envelope assumably concealing the sheets to this job position.
"Entirely up to you to take this job position has well"she adds. I give her a thumbs up going on my phone to send her a quick text saying thank you.

I hand on glides on my thigh giving it a pat an uncomfortable feeling flowing through me.
"Get you hand of me"I whisper shout at him not wanting to create a scene has she's going through some good parts about the university.

"I want to take you on a date, I want you Liz."he husks placing his hand back on my thigh rubbing his thumb over my skin, goosebumps rising hating his touch.

"It's Professor Olsen and I want and need nothing from you."I say collecting my stuff to move next to Kathryn not letting him have another word.

"What's up Liz"she asks looking at me concerned moving her seat up to let me in other teachers giving me a polite smile. I shake my head not wanting to talk about which she understands presenting me my favourite chocolate, Ferrero rocher. Lush.

"So the promotion are you taking it"she whispers leaning on the arm of my chair to talk not trying to disturb this event.
"Might has well, I'll read over it and see what it brings"I say looking at the brown envelope on the table. I feel a pair of eyes on me but I don't want to search for them not wanting to know what lies behind them.

"Why is Mr Daniel's looking at you like you're a piece of meat"she says throwing a not so pleasant expression over my shoulder along with the middle finger.

"Wants another date and he can't take no for an answer I don't even know his name"I realises. I think I begins with c. Charlie, Charles, Cameron, one of them.

"Let's take a quick intermission"the dean suggests walking away from the microphone to go and talk to her assistant.

"I'm going to get some air"I say to Kath picking up my stuff throwing the coat over my shoulders.
"Have you got a cigarette"I ask earning a confused glare my way.

"I don't think that's a good idea, you don't smoke"she sceptically says placing her hands in her pockets.
"Just give me one, one time thing. I promise"I plead, just a little reliever. She hesitantly gets her cigarette box out and gives me a single one along with a lighter.

"I swear Liz if I find you on the floor, I'll kill you before your body gets time to do itself"she dramatically says.

"So dramatic" I whine picking up my bag placing my envelope inside going outside a cold breeze washing over me a sigh of relief washing over me.