Chapter 2

it was a day later and killjoy found herself fidgiting outside of Vipers lab. she had been out for an entire day, according to the wind radiant she had met in the hallway. she didnt realize she was even teired enough to sleep for that long, but her body didnt wake her up until 3 pm in the fternoon. She glared at the doors, unsure how to annouce her presence, or if her presence was even warrented still, though before she coud knck the door swung open. Viper was cladded in simple jeans and a turttleneck, with a white labcoat thrown on top, finishing the look of a doctor. "ah you finally decided to come around. in." killjoy gulped oftly but followed the chemist into her lab, hearing the door shut behind her. 

the lab was bare execpt for a few tables shoved into one side. each holding a beaker and a few hotplates and busen burners, along with a chemiscal burn rinse for both eyes and body. the cabniets behind had a few sinks, and difrent vials of posion along with a chemical spill kit. "wow... its so...tidy in here. its not a bad thing! my workshop and room usually get so messy from random pa-" "the spike is over here, hopefully you can take some notes and finally finish the defuser." Viper said codly, shutting up the german, and stoping any attempt at a converatin. Killjoy immidtly shit her mouth and ducked past iper to the spike, studying it with narrowed eyes as she jotted down a few things, though Viper could see the curiosity clear in her eyes. "th-this build.. the tech looks familiar, but i never made this nor made anything like it.."  she lifted her head to look at Viper, her face pulled into one of slight terror, facasination and curiosity, mainly curiosty. "is there another me running around..? that would require a portal.. and noone has been able to even make interdimention portals connect, let lone stay active.. but..."

"there is a double of you killjoy." Viper said plainly, already knowing that the german would probably guess it as soon as she saw the tech. that was one of the reasons she and brimstone tried to keep the spike from killjoy, though after finding ut that she couldnt get a defuser done WiTHOUT seeing the spike, they caved. Viper watched Klaras eyes go wide as she processed the new information. "bu-but how.. noone has that kind of tech.. much less any IDEA on how to keep a protal stabilized... none but.... no" Killjoy looked to the spike again, specifiaclly the base were a ingrained K stood proudly agaisnt the metal. she gasped softly, not realizing her breathing had sped up and she was backng away until her back hit the counter. pressing her back agaisnt the hard surface she slid to her knees, breathing speeding up more and her vision clouding with tears as thepast mistake the company did were brought up. She didnt see the chemist move, nor hear when she coruched down, so she jumped hard agaisnt the touch, almost dislodging a glass beaker that was set on the counter. she backed away from the touch and buried her head into her knees, gripping her hair tightly as she fought against the memories and to get her breathing back to normal. 

Viper expected many things once Killjoy found out who made the spike. she expected the egnieer to laugh, think it was some kind of joke. to start screaming or yelling at her counterpart, or the company funding the portal, what she didnt expect was the young engieer to panic. it was clear that whatever she did with kingdom has left a very bad imprint on the german engineer, one that Viper wanted to grill Brimstone for. Though that could wait, what couldnt is getting Killjoy to calm the hell down. Viper watched as the engineer slid to a sitting postion, breathing rapidly, and eyes shooting around seeing things that wernt real. "killjoy, killjoy i need you to breathe. your okay just a deep breath." the chemist tepped forwrd, crounching beside the cowering German and resting a gentle hand againt her shoulder.

instead of helping it just threw the girl into a even worse panic. Killjoy immideitly jumped, dislodging Vipers hand and almost knocking over a vial of posion, though it only rocked alittle. Killjoy had shuffled abit away and was now rocking herself back and forth, head buried in her knees and hands gripping her hair tightly. the beanie had been displaced from the hands, and had fallen on the ground when she jumped, so Viper grabbed it. "Killjoy, calm down. i will not have you making a mess in my lab." She got closer to the enginner and gently grabbed her hand. placing the germans hand over her heart she started exagerating her breaths, for Killjoy to follow. after a moment of hesitation Killjoy slowly started following. her breating slowing down and vision clearing to see the chemist infront of her. "good, your back." Viper said as soon as she noticed Killjoys calmer appeaance. the enigeener pulled her hand back and got up quickly leaving the lab without another word. Viper could see the way killjoy was hunched and hiding her face that she still wasnt 100, but let the Enigneer go, forgetting the beanie in her head.

Killjoy raced throgh the halls, ignoring the calls of the wind radiant  and fire radient as she passed them, heading straight for the workshop. Once she was saftly inside she closed the door, and changed the acess codes to only brimstone, not wanting anyone to see her like this. once she was sure she was protected she moved to her computer desk in the corner and landed in the bean bag cair with a grunt, gripping her hair tightly. "wh-why.. why isit always kingdom.. they had to have found the portal schematics i had.. how else did they build it.. they will take me off the roster though.. i-i.." she mumuered tears once again preckiling at her eyes, before the scene of venice flashed behind her eyes. 

"i gotta help protect this world.. if kingdom brought our doublles here for radianit.. i need to take them down.." With the spikes design in mind, now knowing it was from her own tech, she strated working on the defuser. determined to prove her worth and make up for her mistakes.