CHAPTER 2

Shameless Fools

Aelock laughed at them inwardly. There were many things more important than money in the world. Those who had learned soul-moving melodies, heart-shaking phrases, mind-blowing beautiful masterpieces, and endlessly deep classics will not be in a hurry to sell themselves so cheaply. Aelock was not interested in them, but he couldn’t get rid of the will of his father, who passed away the previous year, so he only smiled gracefully.

The vulgar labor market masqueraded as a tea party was not all that interesting from the start, and the aristocratic sense of duty to lead it soon ran out. Aelock used his non-existent cousin as an excuse to get away from the people and escaped from the garden filled with the thick scent of roses. He made his way to his favorite cedar trail by a shortcut known only to those who have stayed in the huge mansion for a long time.

The trees lined up on one side of the well-polished path stretched straight up toward the sky. The huge trees were planted by the first Count who first built this mansion. They may not have been this big at first, but following the history of the family of Counts, which started as a humble family and now stood side by side with the royal family, they had now become giant trees to look up to.

A cool breeze blew through the towering trees, making the leaves rustle. The irritation that had soared a moment ago was erased in an instant. He walked slowly and inhaled the bitter smell of wood to the fullest.

Aelock loved to stroll along this path and hated being disturbed. So, the servants of the mansion never came in this way, and the butler took care that invited guests would not ‘unintentionally’ disturb the Count’s private break time, so only Aelock could enjoy himself. Well, that’s the way it had to be. But who was the one standing far away and looking this way?

As the owner of the mansion, it was absolutely impossible to go back to avoid outsiders. Rather, it was right to send out the guest who entered the space unauthorized. By all means, a little humiliation in return for a nasty intrusion would be fine.

Aelock approached him with a smile. When he got close enough to talk to him, he was sure that the person would shout out a name he obviously didn’t want to remember and gush about how much he was worth the investment. Aelock observed the other person as he narrowed the distance, thinking about what kind of humiliation he should inflict on the unpleasant intruder.

Taller than average, he straightened his shoulders and looked this way. Dark auburn hair and slightly tanned, healthy skin. Neat forehead and nose bridge and cheekbones that gave off an extremely tough impression. The firmly closed mouth fit perfectly with the sharp jawline as if it had been sculpted. Contrary to his stern expression and firm posture, which made him seem like an awfully proud person, the look in his deep-set eyes was pure and honest, unlike the lowly guys who swarmed the garden. The closer he got, the more he filled his vision, like a warlord with a huge cedar tree at his back.

Before he knew it, the desire to humiliate him was gone. Even when the distance between them got closer than necessary, Aelock didn’t say anything and simply stared into the dark brown eyes. He was flustered by the awkward atmosphere, but fortunately, his father’s strict discipline shone through.

“You must have lost your way.

"Yes"