XVII

"Roro! why are my bookies outside?" Selena yelled, coming inside the house

"cause they bad as hell they on time out they had enough internet they were swinging on mamas fridge door and Sir watched them do it" I felt something hit the side of my head "why you attacking me?"

"I'm about to tell our wife that you're punishing those kids"

"she'll be more than happy that I'm playing bad cop"

"so what do you have planned"

"for?"

"you know what I'm talking about"

"what you wanna know"

"anything"

"just be backstage in the family room just something small she doesn't want to do the most"

"for the first time in history your not going all out for your wife's birthday"

"girl this is Los Angeles we might go brunch with Kelly and Tim I don't know it's up to bey she's booked" I didn't want to tell selena because her and bey are always talking about me she might slip up and say something "where's remi?"

"She got star struck I left her at the stadium with Solange"

"my bestie down there"

"that's what I said I actually came here because they mentioned you we're avoiding our wife" she glanced at me push me feet off the table I paid for "your secretive ass is always up to something I want to know or at least let me know so I can tell her it's nothing to worry about"

I knew she got sent here bey isn't slick

"go tell giselle she isn't going to find any answers, oh and I'll be there late so take those boys with you I got to pick up the cake" I lied

technically it wasn't a whole lie but it wasn't why I'll be a few minutes late

I have to sneak somebody in

"yeah right...you know I can tell when your lying"

"I'm not lying it's just something I'd like to keep between me and someone"

"you have an hour. Don't have that girl mad on her birthday. What kind of man does that make you"

"A responsible one?"

"tuh, let me tell your mama how you been moving"

___

"Ms Ross thank you for coming" I hugged the icon

"i wouldn't miss it for the world that lady bey has a big heart my daughter is somewhere out there"

"you can watch on from here if you'd like until she comes off the stage, the ladies are aware of your surprise I had to make sure they knew so they won't be confused nigel will get you whatever you need and someone will ne here shortly to get your in ear online"

"everything will be fine robin your stressing for nothing"

"I know but I want this to go as planned especially since she has eyes on my every move since you called this morning" the woman chuckled softly

"she loves you"

"and I love her so much more she birthday my own sons and gave me children I never thought I'd love the way I do"

"I can tell your eyes light up talking about your family that's the greatest gift in life"

"I do have to go Ms Ross I promised someone I'll be here and I have yet to see them"