(Episode-5) Unforeseen Death

(Jacob)
The same day as Parkinson's homicide.

The following day, after the rainfall which took place for two continuous days, the weather became relatively warmer. The sky was transformed into a canvas of hues with clear skies. The laughter and chattering of children could be heard, coming from the roadside park, before the cold and gloomy nights. The droplets cling to the leaves, which reflect the dazzling sunlight. The sky had become clear with an earthly smell.

Jacob was visiting Detective Vihaan, who was an Indian and lived in one of the most renowned places in Ravellie, the Southern district. It was around evening, the sky had become pale blue as Jacob sped his way towards his house. The district was usually quiet, and being decorated with medieval infrastructure added a lot to its serenity.

It was around 6, but the sky had become dark. The lamps, which were hung around the corner cast a soft glow. His place was in the middle of that area, the surroundings were a bakery shop, in front of a lovely canal, the flowing of water in the canal added to the calm. The clean rustling of trees had created a comforting atmosphere, with the sparrows chirping on the branches of the tree.

The vicinity was just what you would expect, a small, beautiful and quiet neighbourhood. No wonder, why one of the richest men would buy their properties here. His house, as he had sent his location the wayfinder was adjacent to the old wooden bridge, and his building was near the pine tree, which now housed the rabbit's burrow.

A Wayfinder is a device, specially designed for finding routes, and locations with precise information and accuracy, it is easy as it is a portable device unlike that of a map or doesn't require to pay money for, like in the case of a guide.

Jacob anxiously walked inside the hotel, where the detective was now staying. "Room No. 10, that's on the highest floor of this building!" He thought to himself, which was no wonder as Vihaan was a wealthy and wise man whom you can count on in case of any emergencies.

The interior of the building was solidly built, with wooden flooring and tons of old paintings and artwork showcased in the hallways and the staircase of the building, with a Hyperspeca which was built on the boundary of the building.

A Hyperspeca is like a regular elevator, but the walls are made of see-through glass. So, when you ride it, you can see outside or inside the building. It also had a high speed and was made for nauseous patients who would suffer from the effect of Zero gravity in the regular lifts. Through which, I soon found myself in his room.

He was sitting in the front chair, he looked to be waiting for Jacob. He was wearing a yellow knit yarned sweater and denim jeans. He wore a black watch on his left wrist and had a serious look on his face, he looked to be in his mid-forties and wore spectacles.

"Your friend, his name was Harry wasn't it?" A voice echoed throughout the room, blatantly, as Jacob entered his room."Yes, sir." Jacob, who had just entered the cabinet, said. "Take a seat." The voice advised Jacob as he put on his spectacles and stood up.

"Harry, is the same name that disappeared from the prestigious Medley Canvas, wasn't he?" He asked, opening the windows, letting in fresh air and ambience to the room as the air beat and splashed against the windows. The whole was bathed with a warm atmosphere.

"I have looked into the details I could find, and my observations are rather interesting. You would want to hear it." Detective Vihaan said as he walked towards his study. He seemed to be looking for some kind of files as he checked his drawers. After a little searching, he handed me two documents to read.

"What are these documents? Why did you give me these?" I asked him as I took a look at those papers, it seemed to be a personal information document about someone. "Peter Parkinson and Mandella Parkinson, if you have read today's Meta paper, then you might know about them." Detective Vihaan said as he gave him a glass of water.