What's Your Problem?

Start from the beginning

Blaidd trembles in your arms as he clings onto you tightly, like a new born baby to it's nurturing mother, "I don't... I don't want this to be the end of our journey..."

Memories begin to flood your mind as you take a moment to remember the journey that has led to this moment. The first meeting in the Mistwood Ruins, helping Kenneth Haight, taking over Stormveil Castle. You've had fun on this adventure with Blaidd, does it have to be the end?

You hold Blaidd tighter in your arms before whispering into his ear, "Does... It have to be the end... For us?"

Blaidd slowly breaks the warm embrace and pulls back, he wipes his tears as he talks, "I don't wish for it to be..."

"Then it won't be." Your voice grows stern as it commands authority, you're not giving Blaidd a choice, you WILL spend more time with him.

"Y/N-"

"No, it's not the end."

"Y/N you don't understand-"

"What don't I understand?"

"Ghhrr... I'm going to DIE IF WE CONTINUE THIS JOURNEY!"

His words echo gently in the tent, what does he mean? You've survived this long, there's nothing you and Blaidd can't face, "Blaidd, I have your back you know."

Blaidd sighs deeply and shakes his head, "You don't get it... I was given to Ranni by the Two Fingers as a shadow. I cannot refuse any request she asks of me. Ranni is currently on her way to slay her fingers, there's a failsafe embedded into me if Ranni were to ever deviate."

You tilt your head slightly away from Blaidd as you try to piece the pieces together, "A failsafe?"

He nods somberly, "I'll go mad, rampaging everything and everyone in my path until I kill Ranni. If you stand in my way, I'll kill you, there's no stopping this anymore, Y/N..."

Blaidd takes your hand gently, "This can happen at any moment, I want you to know... My true thoughts..."

"Blaidd?" Blaidd gently clings onto your hand, you can feel your face heat up suddenly from the contact, "What are you doing?"

"Y/N, I truly do care about you. The way you fight and talk it's... It's different, it's you, and... Ah geez I don't want this to be corny but, I... I do have feelings... As a shadow, but I've never felt them before. I've always been a brother to Ranni, Iji is a great friend and... I fuckin hate Seluvis."

The both of you chuckle at that last remark, the much needed joke eases the tension in the tent as he continues to talk, "But regardless... I feel different when it comes to you. Whenever we were described as consorts throughout our journey, I was shocked yeah but... I wasn't opposed to the idea."

A slight blush appears across the both of your faces, "Blaidd I..."

"Y/N... I have feelings for you... Feelings that I've never experienced with any other person in The Land's Between. A part of me wants Ranni to fail so I can spend time with you. You're special to me, I care about you a lot, and to see you throw your life away like that with such recklessness it... It frustrates me... When we shared that kiss after Radahn's fight, I know I tricked you and it meant nothing between us but... I found myself lusting for more. The thought of losing you is enough to send me on my own mad rampage. I can't take it anymore, Y/N..."

Blaidd grabs you other hand and brings it up between the both of you, he leans forward with a gentle smile as his eyes twinkle lightly.

"Y/N... I think I love you..."

Your eyes widen gently, a gentle gasp escapes your mouth as Blaidd reveals his true feelings to you. He squeezes onto your hands with nervousness, will you accept the love of a shadow knowing one day he might snap and kill you? You think more about the events that led up to this very moment. The hints you missed, the way he looked at you after every battle with pride, the blush on his face after every time you both got mistaken for a couple, hell, even the way he cuddles you to sleep. It all makes sense now, and time is up. It's time for you to decide, will you accept or reject him?

"Blaidd..."

The tension raises even more as the only noise made from the world are the words between you and Blaidd, "Yes? Y/N?"

"I..."

The both of you lean forward slowly towards one another. You break the hold he has on your hand and you bring it up to the side of his face. You caress it gently as you stare carefully into his eyes.

"Oh Blaidd..."

The both of you lean forward even closer, your lips are mere centimeters away as you utter the final words.

"I'm so glad you feel the same way..."

With that, you and Blaidd close the distance between one another as your lips make contact. For the first time, this isn't a dream. This isn't some twisted reality, this is just you and Blaidd sharing your first intimate kiss between one another. You close your eyes as you sink into the kiss while Blaidd guides it with his tongue. He pushes you down to the tent floor and holds your body carefully. You wrap your legs around his waist and your arms around his shoulder. The two of you continue your slow tongue-filled between one another before he slowly breaks away. He stares down at you with a small smile as he nuzzles himself into your neck. His warm breath engulfs your neck in a satisfying warmth, every blood and tear shared between you and Blaidd has led up to this moment, and it is very much worth it.

"Y/N..." Blaidd grips onto you tighter as if he's afraid of you pulling away, "Thank you..."

You gently rub his back as he cuddles you in the spot. Nothing in the world can break the bond between you and Blaidd at this moment. The both of you have never experienced such contact with another person up until now. All of your problems melt away with him in your arms, who wants to be the Elden Lord when you have Blaidd now? There's only one way to express your gratitude, you break the silence between the both of you gently by whispering into his ear:

"I love you too, Blaidd..."