6. Flirting.

6. Flirting.

Janaki approached me for the interview, I felt a mix of nerves and excitement

Janaki approached me for the interview, I felt a mix of nerves and excitement. Here was the girl I had been crushing on, standing before me with a microphone in hand. I took a deep breath, trying to compose myself as she greeted me with a warm smile.

"Hey, Shubman! Ready for the interview?" Janaki asked cheerfully, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

"Yeah, sure. Let's do this," I replied, trying to sound confident despite the butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

Janaki nodded, adjusting her microphone before turning to face the camera. "Alright, viewers, we're here with Shubman Gill, captain of the Gujarat Titans. Shubman, first of all, congratulations on your recent win against Mumbai Indians. How does it feel to lead your team to victory?"

I grinned, feeling a surge of pride at the mention of our win. "Thank you, Janaki. It feels amazing, honestly. The team put in a lot of hard work, and it's great to see that effort pay off on the field."

Janaki nodded, her smile widening. "Absolutely. Now, Shubman, we've heard that you're quite the prankster in the dressing room. Care to share any memorable pranks you've pulled on your teammates?"

I chuckled at the unexpected question, relieved that Janaki hadn't brought up anything about dancing. "Well, there was this one time when I swapped Rashid bhai's cricket bat with a toy bat during practice. Let's just say he wasn't too thrilled when he realized what had happened."

Janaki laughed, clearly amused by the anecdote. "Sounds like you keep things interesting in the dressing room," she remarked, jotting down notes on her notepad.

"Yeah, we like to have fun whenever we can," I replied, feeling more at ease as the conversation shifted away from my secret dance hobby.

As the interview progressed, Janaki asked me about my experiences as a captain, my thoughts on the upcoming matches, and my goals for the season. With each question, I found myself growing more comfortable in her presence, grateful for her friendly demeanor and engaging conversation.