❥ accident ~ m.s ❥

~Warnings~Contains drunk driving, mentions of death and cursing

~Warnings~
Contains drunk driving, mentions of death and cursing

If any of the warnings trigger you, please skip the chapter.

Word Count: 2,744

*Ring Ring*
I groan, turning to my side and answer my phone.
"Hello?" I say.
"Y/N! Something happened with Matt! Meet us at the hospital! HURRY!" Chris screams in my ear.
I shot up, grabbed some sweatpants, shoes, my purse, keys and bolt out of the door.
Unlocking my car, I get in, back out and start driving to the nearest hospital.
I gulp an old Redbull from my car and make it to the hospital parking lot. Quickly finding a spot I park, hop out, put my shoes and sweatpants on over my spandex, grab my purse and run to the doors.
I see Nick, Chris and Justin sitting in a corner, bouncing their legs anxiously. I quickly but calmly walk over to them.
Nick looks up to see me and gets up. Chris stands as well.
"What happened!?" I whisper-scream.
They look at each other then back at me.
I stand there dumbfounded.
"He um-" Chris starts.
"He got into an accident on the way home from the store." Nick blurts out.
My mind begins to race a thousand times per minute as I try to comprehend what the fuck I just heard.
"Is he-?" I start.
"He's alive, he was conscious in the ambulance. The most they could tell us was he had a concussion and a broken wrist." Chris said while pacing.
"Did you call your parents?" I ask.
"Yes, they are headed here now." Justin says.
I sit down, still stun locked from what I heard.

~Time Skip~
A few hours have passed and we've still not heard a thing from anyone here.
Their parents arrived shortly after I did and we've all been sitting in the waiting room.
"Matt Sturniolo?" We hear someone call.
We all get up and walk towards the doctor.
"He will be okay. Minor concussion, fractured leg and a broken wrist." The doctor says.
"He's not awake yet from the surgery but if you'd like to wait in his room until he does, you're welcome to. Family only." He says, turning to me.
"She's his fiancé." Chris blurts.
I hold out my hand to show a ring.
We aren't engaged but I wear a lot of rings.
What the doctor doesn't know won't hurt him.
The doctor nods his head and leads us to Matt's room.
I stop outside his room and Nick turns around.
"You coming?" He asks.
"I'll be there in a second." I say quietly.
He nods and closes the door behind him.
I pace outside the door for what felt like forever.

Memories of my brother's death flash in my head.

We're so sorry, we did everything we could. I hear the doctor say.
My mom's wails and my father's screams fill my ears.

I sit down outside Matt's door, pulling my legs to my chest and setting my head in my hands.

"Do more!" My father screamed.
I stare into oblivion as I realize I lost my little brother.
"Would you like to say your goodbyes?" A nurse asked.
We were taken to the back where my brother's small, innocent body lie lifelessly on the bed.
My parents run to either side of him.
I stand at the door, trying to wake myself from this very obvious nightmare.
I fall to my knees, sobbing.
My mom runs back over to me also falling to her knees while her arms wrap around me.
"He can't be gone-" I cry.
"Y/N?"
"Y/N?"