❝ 𝟎𝟐 ❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Raymond was already driving back as she threw her bags into her new dorm.

Mr. Gardner watched as she inspected the room with a hint of mischief in her eyes. "This'll be your room. I expect it to remain clean and I want no unnecessary mess. No smoking, no parties, no drugs, and definitely no boys.. Is that understood?"

She let out a quiet chuckle at his words. "Yeah, yeah."

He watched as she set her things down upon the bed. With the way she was acting, it was almost as if she didn't care about the rules.

"I mean it, no visitors. No drinking, no staying out late, and no sneaking out."

"Yeah, I get it. Is there also gonna be an alarm to wake us up?" She raised an almost mocking eyebrow, setting some of her books down on the shelves.

"Don't push me. These rules weren't made on a whim," he spoke, his words sounding firm.

"I'll be checking in here daily to ensure you're following these rules. Got it?" He raised his eyebrows as he watched her like a hawk.

"Yes, sir," she nodded casually, hopping onto the desk.

He sighed with irritation as he saw her up on the desk. "Get down."

"Of course, sir," she nodded with a faint smirk playing on her face, this time hopping off the desk.

"Any other smart remarks you'd like to make, or are you finally done?" His tone sounded more harsh now, and she had a sense that he was beginning to get angry.

"You tell me," she smiled, her voice trailing with a daring attitude.

His dark gaze remained pierced onto hers, a tension building in the room. It was almost as if both of them we're daring each other to make the first hit, like a battle duet.

"Look, I'm fully aware of your situation, and I've heard that you find it difficult to not create any complications. Nevertheless, this is a school, as much as it is your temporary home. You will abide by the rules as long as you are in my care. I'm basically your legal guardian from now on and I won't be forgiving or tolerate any of your disturbances. Do I make myself clear?"

An unanswered second passed by in silence.

"This is the only option you have left, girl. Take it, or leave now," he raised his voice in a strict tone.

The breath she had been keeping in was finally released, and she felt herself squirm in her spot at the sound of his voice. "Fine.."

"Great. Now unpack," he grabbed the doorknob and looked over his shoulder at her. "Dinner is served at six," he stated coldly, closing the door behind him.

"The fuck is his problem?-"

_________________

The sun brightened at the horizon, moving behind the deep forest next to the academy. It had been a slow day for Quinn, as she unpacked her bags and waited until dinner time to come.

At six, packs of students came strutting into the dining hall. It was designed with four long wooden tables, each acquainted with a grand chandelier above it and nicely folded navy napkins that carried the cutlery.

"Ey, new girl! Sit here, won't ya?" A brunette boy called out to her as she glanced around for a place to sit. He was acquainted with various friends, and Quinn had to keep herself from letting out a subtle snicker.

"Sure," she sat down in a free spot at the table.

"My name's Jacob, that's Rich," he gestured to the blonde boy in the navy sweater in front of him.

"And those two are Maddy and Dawson," Jacob now pointed at the couple sitting beside him.

"and who might you be?" He raised a curious eyebrow.

"I'm Quinn, nice to meet y'all," she introduced herself, meeting his gaze before letting it wander around the group.

"Damn," Richie exclaimed as he examined her features - and definitely her figure.

"Shut up, Richie," Jacob almost stabbed him with his fork.

Quinn let out an amused chuckle. "Your name is Richie? Good fit for a school like this, huh?"

"You've got it right, girl. I live by my name," he smirked boyishly. "You wouldn't be interested in a sugar-daddy, would ya?"

"Your dad's single? Tsk, how lucky can a girl be.." she shook her head with a mocking smile.

Rich's eyebrows furrowed as she hit back, receiving a laugh from Jacob and the couple next to him.

"New girl got ya, bro," the raven-haired boy, who had his arm around his girlfriend, grinned.

Maddy chuckled and nudged Rich playfully. "Looks like you've met your match, Rich."

Rich smirked, not willing to admit defeat just yet. "Oh, it's on, Quinn. You haven't seen the last of me."

Quinn raised an eyebrow, her lips curling into a troublesome grin. "I'll be looking forward to it, Richie."

"Alright, alright.." Rich couldn't keep his eyes off of her, until he finally cleared his throat and spoke up again. "So, what's your deal? Why are you here?" He asked

"To succeed in my educational journey and expand my experience by coming to live in a school," she replied, taking a casual sip of her drink.

"Aha, and what's the non-bullshit story?"

"Last resort," she answered simply, letting out a quiet chuckle.

The group chuckled with the nod of their heads, and to her surprise, the reason didn't seem to shock them in the slightest.

"Well, you're not the only one." Jacob shook his head with a grin. "Welcome to Redwood Academy."

"Thanks," she smiled. "How long have you guys been here?"

"We've been here for a couple of years now. But, trust me, It's not too bad once you get used to it," Maddy told her.

Rich nodded. "But don't worry, we'll show you the ropes, babes. But fair warning, Redwood can become a bit wild sometimes."

"Sounds like my kind of place then."

"You'll fit right in, Quinn. We're always up for some fun," Maddy smiled at her.

At that, Jacob spoke up.  "Oh, speaking of fun, there's a party this weekend. You should come along."

Quinn nodded with a smile. "Alright, sounds like a plan. Thanks for the invite."

━━━━━━━━━━━━