“Well too bad I don’t have a camera.” Kai snapped his head at the voice. He calmed down when he saw just miss Lee. The brunette smiled a little at the elderly woman. “Sorry that we didn’t come but I am sure Nya let you know of what happened.” The woman nodded. “I am aware. So where can I sleep?” She asked randomly. The smith siblings laughed already used to her weird changing of topic and Nya let her use her room for the night.
There was no way she will let her brothers out of her sight anytime soon.

🔥🔥🔥

The next day Lloyd woke up in the arms of his siblings. They stayed with him in his room. When he looked at his sister, he was burdened with guilt after remembering how worried he made her. The blond boy rolled out of their arms and left the room. He stopped in his tracks when smell hit him straight into his nose.

He ran into their kitchen and saw an elderly woman in their kitchen cooking. Lloyd widens his eyes and growls. “Who are you?!” The imposter turned to him and smiles. “oh, hello there golden child. Would you like your waffles with chocolate or fruits? Or both?” Lloyd gaped at her. Pancakes? Fruit? Who is she?

Then Nya walked into the kitchen rubbing sleepiness from her eyes. “Good morning, Nya” The elder greeted. Lloyd turned to his sister surprised. Nya mumbled good morning back and looked at him. She noticed his tenseness and ruffles his hair. “Don’t worry, butter cup. This is just miss Lee. She helped us times to times, and it seems she is making breakfast now.” Nya chuckles. Miss Lee smiles at them warmly “Well I thought I could bring something from my kitchen before you will help me with the pie.” Lloyd was even more confused. Huh? Pie? What is going on?

But unfortunately, Nya didn’t say anything and simply started to help the old woman.

In the next twenty minutes Lloyd appeared sitting next to Kai with Nya at the opposite end and at Kai’s usual place, at the head of the table, there was this mysterious woman. The kid started to get slightly annoyed. Will they going to tell him what the deal with this lady is or will they just keep making him confused.

Kai side-eyed him and then took a pity on him and started to explain that miss Lee was technically the closest adult to him and Nya. And they are helping her sometimes at her garden and as a thank you they get some baked food in return. He told him that they will go with her after breakfast.

It did help Lloyd to calm down a little, but he still didn’t trust this elder. His experience with old people didn’t exactly help with trusting adult. The only people he trusted were Nya and Kai.

Well, it seemed like he had to deal with it. So, he just tried the food. His eyes sparkled. That was so good! And he started to dig in like he didn’t eat anything in his entire life.
Others stopped eating to look at him. Then they started laughing. Lloyd didn’t care. This food was like from heaven!

🔥🔥🔥

They finally started to go to Miss Lee’s farm.

Lloyd was expecting something like some little cottage or something, but he was frozen in shock when they got to their goal. Kai chuckled beside him and made him close his mouth by his hand. He didn’t even know he opened it. He shook his head to get himself under control. “So, what are we looking for?” He asked and jumped at Nya. The girl laughed and caught him. “You and your siblings will go find some berries for my pie.” Lloyd raised his eyebrow. “And where?” Kai turned to him. “It’s this way.” Nya started to follow him with Lloyd. “We will be right back!” Nya called at the elderly woman.

“Hurry up! My hair is getting messy by this wind!” Lloyd smirked. “Is it really because of the wind?” He asked Nya with grin. Nya snorts. “I heard that!”
The younger siblings laughed, and Lloyd jumped from Nya’s arms to follow Kai to the biggest garden he ever seen. Seriously?! What did this woman do for a living?!

“Okay okay. I think she wanted to make a blueberry pie. Blueberries are right there.” Kai pointed to their left. Nya nodded and headed that way. And when Lloyd saw those good looking fruits, he couldn’t help himself and sneaked to one bush with strawberries and stole some and eat it.

Meanwhile the older siblings started to pick the blueberries and started to put into baskets they brought with them. The raven-girl then looked around. “Where is our little gremlin?” she asked. The brunette shot his head up. “Wait… what? He was just-” He turned to look behind himself. He raised his eyebrow. “I don’t think he left. He wouldn’t worry us again.” Nya bit her lip worriedly but then she heard something. She put her hand on Kai’s lips to shut him up. He wanted to protest but she beat him to it. “Shh! Listen!” she whispered. Kai stopped trying to get her hand from his face and listened.

Munch. Munch.

They looked at each other and got up to investigate. What they found made them almost laugh. They saw Lloyd feeding himself strawberries. Kai smirked and winked at Nya. She raised her eyebrow and then smirks. They will have fun with this.

The brunette grabbed some blueberries and aimed his arm for a throw. He looked like some baseball player. Nya took some herself and then they throwed it at their little brother.

The blond child yelped in surprise and looked at his blue shirt now. “Hey! This doesn’t wash out!” Nya and Kai started to laugh. The oldest fell on his back laughing so hard and the middle child grabbed her belly while laughing. Lloyd grumbled and got up with hand of the strawberries. He smirked and jumped at Kai and started to put them in his hair. “Woah! Not my hair!” Kai started to wrestle his little brother. Nya was now wheezing with laughter. Lloyd started to laugh too. Kai then smirked and pinned his brother to the ground. “So, this how you play huh?” Lloyd smiles nervously. Kai smiles deviously and shows Lloyd hand full of berries. Lloyd widens his eyes. Oh no. The brunette then started to tickle his brother. Lloyd burst out laughing. His clothes started to get purple color because of the berries.

And Nya was dying in the background with laughing.

And miss Lee was looking from her porch with smile.

Hello!
I know it took me a while but i finally stopped being lazy and i rewrite this chapter from my notes 😅
Also for this chapter i am giving credit for @mcleskye111 who gave me an idea at the beginning of this book for this wholesome moment between siblings :D Hopefully it's what you meant.
Anyway i hope you liked the chapter and let me know if i made some mistakes ^^