Ch1: "The night we met."

There she was, a fifteen year old Melanie. It had been five years since her failed mission with her parents. She had been greeted by Ellie, frosts daughter who had to be put in the orphanage so he could work, the second she had entered the orphanage at ten. They had become closer since, although Melanie blamed herself for what happened Ellie comforted her, despite the fact Ellie was only eight.

Ellie was sitting in the field, her hair being braided in two by Melanie.

"Lanie, can you put these daffodils in my hair please?" Ellie asked.

"Sure El, just give them to me and I'll put them in." She smiled at the young blonde child before her.

Melanie carefully placed the daffodils in the girls plaits, admiring her shiny, golden hair.

"El your hair is so gorgeous, you know that right?" She smiled at Ellie, Ellie giggled in response.

"My turn!" The eight year old said, standing up from the floor and stepping behind Melanie to do her hair.

For an eight year old Ellie wasn't awful at what she could do, she made lovely French plaits, she could probably do her own hair if she tried. She moved Melanie's blonde hair into two parts, making an equal middle part, she then parted the left side of her hair into three taking a section the top part of her hair and beginning to plait it.

"Right over the middle, left over the middle." Ellie repeated, just as Melanie had taught her before adding another section of hair in.

Once she had finished Melanie's hair she ran off, undoubtedly going to collect flowers for Melanie's hair.

She came back with Bluebells, Daffodils and Daisies, carefully placing them in the platinum blondes hair.

"All done Melanie!" She giggles, "We're matching!"

"We sure are El," she smiles, before quickly tapping the girl lightly on the shoulder, "Tag! You're it!"

Ellie let out a squeal of excitement, "Lanie!! No fair!" She giggles running After Melanie.

Melanie used less than half of her speed for the young girl to catch up to her, smiling proudly when she felt the small tap on her hip.

"Nooo!!" Melanie Says playfully, "You caught me."

"Hah!" Ellie says before squealing again and running around the garden, Melanie quickly catches up, tapping her lightly on the head.

"Hah!" She says back.

They spent so long running after one another that they missed the workers ushering the rest of the children in for Dinner.

"Melanie, Ellie, it's Dinner Time." A worker, Kate said.

The blondes followed Kate, laughing with one another about how crazy their hair had gotten from all the running around.

They sat at the table, the same one schools had, long cafeteria tables. Melanie and Ellie took seats at the end away from everyone, they only had eachother. Well, Ellie had some friends, but Melanie only had Ellie and the eight year old loved Melanie's company more than her friends.

"Melanie?" Ellie asked.

"Hm?" Melanie hummed in response.

"Do.." she started, but hesitated before finishing her question, "Do you think Daddy and Uncle J are coming back for us?" she asked.