﴿‏﴾real experiences﴿‏﴾

Start from the beginning

About 2 years ago I had my most recent experience with "The Shadow Man". As I had mentioned before I am a poor sleeper. As I got older I started to develop sleep paralysis. I would feel like my body was finally starting to drift off then some over whelming terror would come over me and I would try to move or scream but was unable to do either. I was conscious but temporarily trapped in my own body. I would get these sensations from time to time. They would frighten me but I knew it was just my silly brain toying with me. Until that night. It was late. I was lying in bed. Hoping to drift off soon. I could feel the sleep begin to creep up my limbs. My breathing was becoming regular and restful. My eyes were getting heavy. The numbness of sleep was finally starting to envelop me. As my eyes begin to flutter before retiring for the night, I see him. Standing at the foot of my bed. Staring at me. I cannot see his eyes but I know he is looking at me. I try to move. To shake myself into wakefulness but the sleep paralysis has taken over. I am aware of my surroundings but unable to do anything. He begins to crawl up my bed toward me. I can feel the pressure but I cannot move. I try to scream. I try to escape. But I am frozen. His face is soon inches from mine. I stare into nothingness. The outline of a face is there but no features. I cannot get away. My heart is racing, I feel sick to my stomach, I urge myself to get out of my paralytic state. I shoot up from my bed and he is gone. I look around my room. I must have been dreaming. That could not have been real. I settle myself back down. My tired mind must have been playing tricks on me. I lay down in my bed. I was okay. I felt the odd sensation that someone was in my room but I chalked that up to the nightmarish experience. I started to feel sleep take over my body again. Just as my body is ready to submit to my overwhelming exhaustion I hear it. The rocking chair in the corner of my room. Rocking back and forth, back and forth. He's back....

3) The shadow man returns

It was around 3am and I was finally starting to doze off after some late night reading. I was half asleep when I could sense someone else in my bed. Oddly, my brain registered it as being the person I had been seeing and he was just asleep next to me. As I started to wake up I remembered he was not here tonight. That was not him beside me. There was something in my bed. The paralysis hit me and I could not move. I felt the body next to me roll over and grab me tightly. I tried to scream but I had no voice. Suddenly, I sat upright and the apparition was gone. I chalked it up to my old night terrors returning and tried to rest again. A short time later I was starting to feel sleep take over my body. But a sense of dread was also creeping into my mind and the paralysis struck again. I felt panicked and tried to rouse myself. I started to feel pressure on my chest and when I looked down there was the outline of someone's head resting there. I kept trying to wake myself up fully but I could not move. The head slowly turned to face me. I could make out the very vague features of a face. I tried to open my mouth to scream again but as I opened my mouth the face put it's mouth over mine and sucked the breath from me. I finally let out a soft vocalization and woke myself fully. I was out of breath and I could still feel where the head had been on my chest. I knew I would not be able to sleep again. If I did the shadow man would come back. This was my first actual physical encounter with the entity and I am scared it will get worse.

4) Slenderman is watching you- by AnnabelleLee

My roommates and I often write or draw things on our bathroom mirror in dry-erase marker. I went in to take a shower and wrote "Slender Man is Watching You". I stepped into the shower and when I got out I was slightly creeped out. Every word looked like it had veins coming out of it and the word "you" was completely warped as if someone wrote it with a shaky hand, it was no longer my handwriting. At the time my roommate was home but I know he didn't come in and write it because the door was locked. I left the house for work and when I came back later that day the words were changed again. The word "watching" was written in a really weird way where you could barely read it. I asked my roommate and my boyfriend and they both denied doing it. I know if they had done it they would have made it clear they were trying to scare me. I don't know how it happened and to this day that mirror now creeps me out.