Chapter 1 - The Opportunity

Within an apartment complex, located within Musutafu, Japan, lives a family of two, being the Midoriya family. Within a small bedroom, we can see a young boy who had just woken up, though as he sat up, he felt down. While he was looking around, thinking of everything being a dream, he knows that what had happened the previous day wasn't a dream.

To summarise, yesterday could be considered one of the worst days of his life, besides the time when he was diagnosed Quirkless. His whole life, he had believed that he wanted to at least try and become a Hero, that much he had never given up on. Though with what had happened yesterday, he just wasn't sure anymore. 

From the events that had happened yesterday, it was the day when Mt. Lady, a new Hero made her debut to the public. He essentially was a witness to her debut while he was on his way to school, which was probably the happiest moment of the day considering that the rest simply went downhill from there. He was the type to take notes about upcoming Heroes and the Pro Heroes that have astonishing results. He had been a Hero nerd for as long as he could remember. Further on that day, his school known as Aldera Junior High, had a thing where since he is considered a Third Year, he needed to plan on what school High School he wanted to attend. For some reason, the teacher blurted out that he wanted to at least apply to UA High, the most infamous Hero School in all of Japan.

He can admit to himself that while he was made fun of about it, he just wanted to try at least to prove himself that anybody can perhaps become a Hero since they removed the rule that Quirkless couldn't attend. His childhood friend, who became his bully when he found out about his Quirkless nature, Katsuki Bakugo, or who he refers to as Kacchan, clearly wasn't happy about it. From Izuku's perspective, he had noticed that Bakugo is of course one of the best that Aldera had to offer in terms of Quirk and work ethic. So it was obvious that Bakugo would attempt to apply for the Hero Course, but he didn't want Izuku to get involved in any way possible.

One thing leading to another, Bakugo simply burnt his Hero notes book, told him something that he could never forget. He still finds it stupid that Bakugo essentially told him to take a swan dive off the roof and pray that he would've been born in the next life with a powerful Quirk, but that is technically telling someone to kill themselves. It was something that he felt like he had a right to be angry about, but of course, he couldn't do it directly to Bakugo's face at the time since he would've simply used his Explosion Quirk to do what he usually does. In truth, while he idolizes and respects Bakugo for his tenacity, strength and drive, he is afraid of Bakugo ever since he could remember. 

Bakugo simply became arrogant and prideful, alongside an explosive temper when he started getting his Quirk. Yet he only pushed Izuku down and saw him as a weakling, that much he could tell from his own perspective at least. Izuku sometimes wishes that things could go back to the way it once was, but it just wasn't possible. He is Quirkless, what could he do to bring to the table? Taking notes and offering advice? He had done it before, but Bakugo just didn't want to listen to somebody who he considered as a Deku, which was the nickname he gave to Izuku. 

Deku would mean useless as it was from a particular Kanji used in his name. Though he could admit that him being powerless in a Superhuman Society, you would indeed be useless or worthless. Though while he was leaving the school, he had a run in with a Villain that wanted to use him as a meat suit, which doesn't sound right in his eyes at all.

Yet he was happy at first that All Might actually came to his rescue, though when he asked him if he could become a Hero, even without a Quirk, he learnt a harsh reality. The first was learning that All Might had little time when it came to his Hero work, but also the fact that All Might himself, told him that he couldn't become a Hero. He was recommended to be an officer of the law, which doesn't get that much credit, but still a stable and reasonable job for someone like him.