Chapter 30 - A Changed Outcome

Začať od začiatku

'What the fuck?! What is that...'

He looked at the booth which had two people behind it with an abundant amount of food and supplies in the back. It seemed to be a charity for the common folk seeing how there was a line ongoing, it was already so late and they were still lining up.

'Oh, isn't that Paul and Silla?'

Deon could immediately tell who the two behind behind the booth were. Although they weren't major characters, their features were pretty different than ordinary people. The dark navy hair and olive eyes with bronze skin checked out, and the little girl must be Silla, she was brunette and had brown eyes.

'This turned out better than it did in the novel. At least they don't have to starve anymore and their only home is still in tact now only except Shylin isn't the one managing it.'

It was much better now. Although they were still mistreated for their status by nobles, at least they don't have to worry about food and shelter now. They also didn't have to separate from one another as well.

It was like killing two birds with a stone, he got rid of the Redemption Church and could slack off and he also prevented Paul from losing Silla.

'Wait- tomorrow... the Crown Prince will hand over a bouquet of flowers...'

That sounded like a nightmare, being handed over flowers by the crown prince? Especially with the reason why he did so made Deon dread about the next day.

'Come to think of it, that Alberu bastard also did it. But this Crown Prince is at least not twisted.'

Was this a trend among princes? Because every single one of them sent him flowers in some sort of way.

(Ehmmm no it's NOT normal Deon, tell Cruel right now... He'll deal with it for you)

Whatever it was, he doesn't want to see an obnoxious amount of flowers shoved into his face and he never wants that to happen.

"Hey! It's late, you should be in bed by now!"

"What do I look like?! A baby? Why are you telling me to go to bed?"

Deon whispered back to the God of Death who spoke to him in his mind. Since the streets were bustling with people, his voice was drowned out by the loud chattering of people in the festival.

"...If you go to sleep right now I'll give you gold."

"Even adults should have their own curfew."

He immediately answered back. As expected of Deon, and his unhealthy obsession with money and food. The God of Death knew of this and bribed him to sleep with money.

When he had arrived to his house, Deon walked through the gates once again, this time without the Lofty Knights running around in his yard. That was when it finally hit him, he had just become a marquis.

'I didn't think much about it because I was spacing out but... This is worse than becoming the son of a duke!'

Fuck, he should have declined when he still had the chance.

"Why did I have to space out? Out of all times I could do that, it just had to be at that moment."

He already knew that it was bound to happen since he had also become a marquis in the original timeline as well. You know what, he just won't think about it. Yeah, he's still an Honorary Count.

"My lord! Where have you been? His majesty has been worried about you ever since it was reported that you abruptly left."

"I just wandered around in the city. I'm going to sleep now."