𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Start from the beginning

The two of them were toward the front of the group that was sprinting back to camp. She needed to make sure he made it back safely, and he wanted to do the same for her. Everyone was shouting as they rushed into the walls, and Finn ordered, "Shut the gate! Shut the gate!"

"Where are they?" Bellamy questioned as Ivy joined his and Clarke's side once she was sure that the Escobar boy was fine. They watched through a small hole in the gate, wondering what the hell was happening. "Why aren't they attacking?"

"Because we're doing exactly what they wanted us to do," the Griffin girl muttered after a moment of thought, and she looked like she had just had a moment of realization.

The Bishop girl was very confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Lincoln said the scouts would be the first to arrive," she informed them. Those were the scouts, making sure that they would not leave before the rest of their army got there.

"Looking to you, Princess. What's it gonna be?" Bellamy asked her as they stepped away from the hole. The rest of the group gathered around them, waiting to hear what they were going to do next. "Run and get picked off out in the open, or stand and fight back?"

She ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "Lincoln said 'scouts.' More than one. He said, 'get home before the scouts arrive.' Finn, they're already here." She looked over at the Blake man. "Looks like you've got your fight."

"Ok, then. This is what we've been preparing for. Kill them before they kill us. Gunners, to your posts. Use the tunnels to get in and out. From now on, the gate stays closed," the Blake man yelled to everyone, pointing out places for everyone to go before running off the speak to Octavia.

Finn, Clarke, Ivy and Bellamy rejoined Raven in the dropship, and the blonde girl questioned, "So, how the hell do we do this?"

"We've got 25 rifles with 20 rounds each, give or take. Roughly 500 rounds of ammo," the older man explained to all of them. They needed to figure out the best way to use their ammo and bombs. "While you two were gone, we made some improvements. Thanks to Raven, the gully is mined."

"Partially mined. Thanks to Murphy," the Reyes girl muttered bitterly.

He nodded at her , assuring her that it was not her fault. "Still, it's the main route in. If the Grounders use it, we'll know. She also built grenades. There's not many, but we'll make them count. If the Grounders make it through the front gate, guns and grenades should force them back."

"And then?" Clarke asked, waiting for the rest of the plan. Bellamy was more about holding people off than actually finishing. They needed a way to ensure that the Grounders would not bother them. Just shooting at them until they retreat was not going to do anything, especially if they just came back a week later.

Raven shrugged, "Then we close the door and pray."

"And pray what? That the ship keeps them out? Because it won't," the blonde girl pointed out. Those Grounders were angry and desperate for revenge. A couple of layers of metal with a giant hole in it from Murphy's exit was not going to hold them off. They would find a way in.

"Then let's not let them get through the gate," he finished before grabbing his walkie to talk to the people outside. "All foxholes, listen up. Keep your eyes and ears open. Inflict casualties, as many as possible. You can hold them off long enough to make them turn back. That's the plan."

Finn scoffed at his words, being a pessimist and grumpy that his plan did not work out. The ocean trip was his thing, but that did not work out. So, they had to hand the reigns over to Bellamy, who had been working with everyone on this exact procedure for weeks. "That's always your plan, just like the bomb at the bridge."

"It can't be that simple," Clarke responded, and she turned to Raven before the fight between the two men could continue. "You said there's fuel in those rockets, right? Enough to build 100 bombs."

"She also said we've got no gunpowder left," Ivy reminded her friend. They had plenty of fuel, but there was no gunpowder to go along with it — again, thanks to Murphy. He really screwed them over.

Clarke shook her head, saying that she did not need gunpowder for her plans. "I don't want to build a bomb. I want to blast off."

"Draw them in close. Fire the rockets," the Reyes girl mumbled to herself, and her face told them that it definitely could work. "A ring of fire."

"Barbecued grounders. I like it," Bellamy replied with a hint of a smile and a nod. They would just need to stall until Raven could make that happen, which was what the Blake man was good at.

When Finn asked if it would work, Raven just smirked and nodded up at Bellamy. "You give me enough time, I'll cook them real good."