That was enough to mellow her down and I laughed at her simple mind. My eyes caught Bella's eyes across the room and a small pang of fear and loathing settled in my chest. The strong dislike I had for her came as a surprise because it hasn't been that long since I got acquainted with her. We were trapped in our thoughts, our worlds, neither of us surrendering.

"Tyler! What are you doing?" Bea shook my arm and our eye contact broke." They are calling for us," she said, and I looked around to see that everyone was looking at us expectantly. Putting on a smile, I grabbed Bea's hand, pulled her up, and walked towards the platform.

Francis met us halfway, reassuring us before sitting back. "Everything will be okay. It's just a few questions."

"Miss Tyler and her partner Bea!" Florence announced our names again and the other contestants cheered for us.

"Hello, I'm Tyler and she is my junior and partner, Bea." That came out okay. I relaxed and smiled at the camera and nudged Bea to do the same. Instead, she took a charming bow, and even a boy sitting in front row winked at her.

"Everyone here knows who you are, Tyler. In fact, if I'm correct, Matt was on the judging panel back in your Junior Baking Competition?"

"Yes, he was. I'm ecstatic to have the chance to meet him again." The answer came out smoothly and I relaxed further, getting into the rhythm of the interview.

"I'm sure he is even more delighted," she crooned in her musical voice and the audience cheered again.

"So tell us more about why you chose Bea as your partner?" I looked towards Bea, who was fiddling with her clutch and draped my arm over her shoulder, pulling her close.

"Bea is a wonderful girl. She is the best student and the most enthusiastic support I could have. I bet she can beat me any day," I answered and Bea beamed at me with star-struck eyes.

"Well, l can you bake better than her?"

"Stop joking, Tyler," Bea mumbled, and nudged me with her shoulder, making me laugh, and addressed Florence, "I can't beat her."

"Is that so?" Florence laughed.

"Yup! Tyler is wonderful. Her cooking classes are my favorite. I'm so happy that she chose me." Bea squeezed my side, and I returned the affection, a giddy feeling building up as the excitement of the upcoming competition caught up with me.

"How is it to be back again? Taking on the competition once again?" Florence asked me and I held my microphone, pondering over it.

"I never imagined myself being on this platform again-"

"Of course she didn't," Bella spoke from the other end as she looked at me. I looked at Florence, a bit confused but she looked as much bewildered as I was. Bella stalked towards the podium, her posture one of poise, with all eyes on the room on her again.

"What do you mean?" I asked before I could stop myself. My mistake became evident in an instant as I realized that I had taken her bait.

"You know well, dear friend," she said and picked up another microphone, looking at me once and then ahead.

"Good evening everyone, and sorry for the interruption," she started, and I looked at Florence, waiting for her to interrupt her. But she looked at Bella with such open interest and admiration there was no question she would let her go on. My eyes scanned the area and landed on Francis, an eerie urgency building up in my stomach. He looked at Bella with open curiosity and confusion.

"My dear friend Tyler wanted me to share something with you all. She said she wouldn't be able to do it and begged me to do it. Didn't you friend?" Bella turned her head towards me as if asking my permission and I shook my head to say no." Oh, don't be so shy now, I'm sure everyone is curious."