Chapter 4 /|\ Surprise Shot

They say you should always trust your gut.

Even if it takes months.

Even if it takes weeks.

To finally see what your gut was warning you about.

Never go against your gut. If you feel threatened, make sure to eliminate the threat.

Don't ignore it.

These were the thoughts that roamed around in Trickster's brain for the next few days. He couldn't seem to understand why, but he knew he couldn't ignore his gut for so long. If it was warning him, then surely something should happen? But the real question was when? The feeling was killing him, and he had noticeably been more on edge. Not so much acting scared or paranoid. No, no. It was more subtle.  Recently, he had been more commanding and strick; giving out more orders to increase their arsenal, and increase security. Nobody dared to question him, but they could all tell that Trickster at least knew that something was about to happen.

But then again, why would they question him? He's the boss for a reason. He knows whats best for the mafia. Besides, even if anyone had the balls to question him, especially now.. let's just say the punishment wouldn't be taken so lightly.

"Trickster? Hellooo~? Quit pretending to not hear me!" An ecstatic Puppeteer said, waving her hands in front of Trickster. For some reason she couldn't get his mind out of the gutter.

Alongside Puppeteer, was Surveyor. The right hand was sitting down across from Trickster, right next to the Puppeteer. They were in an executives meeting only, which only regarded them, since they were the ones included. Her shipment for the weapon materials had finally came, and she had crafted their new arsenal. The inventor was thrilled, and wanted to show her boss the weapons, when he invited his righthand to look at the weapons, and evaluate them. While the Puppeteer was off ranting about the new weapons, the young mafia boss had seemed to get distracted; feeling that the gut feeling he's been having has only gotten worse today, which really unsettled him, and kept him trapped in his own overthinking.

"Boss could've just said he was uninterested in the new pistol models.. I would've went to someone else who genuinely cared, like Alfonso! He would really love to test them." Puppeteer said, muttering to herself as she packed up her briefcase.

"Now hold on now, Reznik.. You know I care. I would love to test them out whenever. You know me."

The inventor rolled her eyes playfully and sighed, shaking her head.

"Oh no, I know you certainly care, Clark! But I can't see why he just doesn't...ugh!" She crossed her arms.

"Perhaps it's not that he's uninterested. Just grab his attention a bit more. Here, allow me."

Surveyor reached his hand out to tap Trickster's shoulder.

And it worker like a charm.

The young mafia boss had returned back to reality, from his thoughts which kept him busy, from just the simple touch of his righthand. For some reason, his righthand could always bring him back to reality if he had been dragged too far out. They were just on a different level of connection, that seemed more closer than anyone else he had interacted with.