𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚜!

"Alright Ducks. It's a big day for us, and we're going to have to work really hard, but I know you can do it. We've made it this far, no stopping," Dad as we stood outside of our box, "Alright, let's win this now. Ducks on three!"

"One, two, three, Ducks!" The team cheered and whooped as we hopped onto the ice for warmups.

"You nervous?" Adam asked, skating up behind me.

"Maybe. Can't tell yet. I know we'll do great, that's for sure. We needed you, you know?" I said, grabbing a puck with my stick and handling it.

"Nah. You would have been fine without me. But we would've never...not hated each other if you didn't have me. I'm glad I'm here," Adam smiled, grabbing his own puck to handle.

"Not hated each other?" I laughed.

"Well, I didn't know what else to say! Honestly, we seemed like friends anyway. Playing pond hockey," He elaborated, shooting at Goldberg.

"Sureeee," I giggled, "Oh shoot. Game time already?"

"I guess so," He said, motioning me to follow him to our bench.

"Alright, one minute to go. Lizzie, Adam, Guy, get out there. Karp and Fulton, you too. Adam, you take it. Remember, play strong." Dad reassured.

The five of us nodded our heads and skated away. Adam went to the middle for the puck drop.

He then stopped, turned around and said, "Aw, no good luck kiss?"

"What a game so far, ladies and gentlemen! The Ducks and the Cardinals!" The announcer started. I was currently getting pushed down by what looked to be a grown man.

"Gee thanks, buddy," I yelled, getting up from the ice.

"Cardinals with it in their own zone, tryin' to clear it out. Pass to the blue line, intercepted by the Ducks," The announcer said as Charlie passed it to Adam before getting toppled on, "Here's their star, Adam Banks. Banks has great speed."

"Yeah buddy, not better than mine though, I'll show them," I mumbled, skating to the left in front of Adam.

"Right down the middle! Goes around one man with a great move! Steps around another defender, passes right to his girlfriend Bombay. She scores!!" The announcer cheered as I pounded my fist in the air: another assist from Banks. The team gathered the two of us in a hug and the crowd yelled.

"Girlfriend, huh?" Adam smirked as we skated back to the ref for the puck drop.

"Shush. Thanks for the assist hotshot," I winked. I motioned to the ref, "Take it."

"You sure, babe?" Banks skated backwards ahead of me.

"God, you need to quit," I giggled, turning red in my helmet, "Get over there."

"You got it."

Forty seconds to go. We were up 3-2 and Adam was taking the puck drop. He couldn't let them win it and score.

Adam, nor the other guy won the puck. It was pushed and Adam grabbed it, causing two Cardinals to crash into each other. I skated to his left as he took it to the middle.