𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎

^lizzies outfit

wow, did banks just ask me out?

it was just charlie, dad, and i in the car left. i had moved closer to the front, because why would i sit in the back of the van by myself?

"hey, dad?" i said, fiddling with my jacket's zipper.

"yes?" he huffed.

"can you uh.. drop me off at home first? please?" i stuttered.

"why..?" charlie and dad harmonized.

"because.."

"because why!?" charlie reached from the passenger seat and punched my arm.

"a friend asked me to get dinner," i rolled my eyes, boys were so pushy.

"which.. friend?" charlie asked.

"oh, i think i know. banks," dad smirked, letting my secret out to charlie.

"dad!" i gasped, punching my dad in the arm.

"you like banks!!?" charlie shouted.

"yes- i mean no, but yes- no!" i said, covering my mouth.

"she does. you're going on a DATE with him?" dad said, starting to get overprotective.

"i wouldn't call it a date.." i sighed. he made sure i knew he was going to go insane when i got home.

charlie and dad kept snickering the whole way home.

"finally. goodbye, losers," i ran into my house, climbing the stairs and slamming my bedroom door shut.

i heard my dad's engine start up again, as he pulled the car away, headed to charlie's house.

i needed to get ready, i usually had connie for this stuff, but now i was going to have to make it work by myself.

i sighed and started brushing my teeth again.

even though i was only 12, and had no mother, i had to try to look good.

for my hair, i just braided two strands of hair, collecting in to one braid at the back of my head.

for makeup, weird for me, i know, i brushed my eyelashes with mascara, adding some brown eye shadow around the base of my eye. wouldn't want to go full color, i didn't want banks running away from me. i shuddered.

then, i added tinted chapstick. that's all i needed. besides, i was going to be blushing hard anyways. i didn't need the fake stuff.

so, finally time for my outfit, i quickly checked my clock, 4:52. 8 minutes to get dressed and downstairs.

i quickly pulled on black tights, a brown skirt, a black turtle neck, boots almost to my knee, and finally, my necklace dad bought me.

he bought it the day before i was born, in hopes of giving it to me when he deemed old enough.

he realized i was old enough when i was 9, i've had this thing for almost threee years now.