Chapter 7: An Unexpected Meeting

"Uh, I don't think that's such a good idea, boss bot."

"Prime! No!"

CRASH!

When these sounds hit my audials, I was immediately yanked out of stasis, and I lept to my pedes with blades drawn and ready to fight whomever had dared to startle me.

My optics were immediately met by five Autobots, a red and blue hauler type, a yellow and black speedster, an army green hulk of a mech, a gold and black cyberninja, and finally a very familiar red and white mech that didn't register in my memory banks but did in my spark.

"Where am I? Who are you?" I barked as I switched between the stunned Autobots.

"Y/D?" The red and white mech whispered in surprise and awe. I focused on him and tried my best to hide the fact my systems were blaring with alerts of all sorts. "Hey hey, it's okay. It's me. Ratchet."

The name immediately clicked in my mind, and recognition crossed my face.

"R.... Ratchet?" I questioned. "Wh... what are you doing here?" I then looked about and noticed I was no longer on Cybertron but out in some remote asteroid field and were dangerously exposed. "We need to take cover! Fast! Before the Decepticons find us!"

"Whoa whoa easy Y/D." Ratchet said.

"I'm not taking chances! Not while Megatron is after me!"

"Megatron?" The red and blue mech questioned. "But... the war's been over for centuries. Why would he be hunting you?"

"It.... Is it over?" I asked.

"Yeah, kid. It's over." Ratchet reassured me. "Autobots won thanks to you." He then approached me and gently placed a servo on one of my blades, lowering it down. "You don't need those right now." I retracted my blades and felt my knees buckle under me as I fell to a kneel before Ratchet.  Thankfully, the medic caught my upper half and gently held me to his chassis.

"It's over." I quietly wept with relief. "It... it's really over." I felt dizziness as my systems crashed, the rest of my frame crumbling into a pile on the ground.

"Bulkhead, carry him, and let's get out of here." Ratchet said.

"But what about that?" The yellow and black mech asked as he pointed to the Allspark container.

"Leave it. Or better still throw it back through the Space Bridge." Ratchet said firmly. "This thing isn't meant to be found, nor was Y/D, but i'd be a fool to leave him out here in his current condition."

"What's got you so spooked all of a sudden, Ratchet?" The red and blue mech asked. As if to confirm the medic's fears, the red and blue mech received a message from his ship's computer.

"Teletran-1 to Optimus Prime. Teletran- to Optimus Prime." It said. "Unidentified space craft entering this sector. Energy signature consistent with Decepticon warship."

"Decepticon? That must be a mistake. The Decepticons were destroyed centuries ago." The red and blue mech said.

"Well, aside from wings here." The yellow mech added.

"Defeated, not destroyed. And we're not waiting around for them to find it or Y/D." Ratchet said as he shifted forms. "What are you bots waiting for? An invitation? Load it up, pronto!"

"Wait, Ratchet." The red and blue mech questioned as the green mech picked up the allspark and loaded it into the medic. "Why the sudden urgency? What is this thing? And who's Y/D?"

"There's no time. Let's move!" Ratchet ordered.

The group with the help of the green mech managed to haul aft towards the ship that they beloved to, my now slowly rebooting frame resting on a medical berth while the others took the Allspark out of Ratchet and placed it onto the metal flooring.

"You're the history buff, Prime." Ratchet said to the red and blue mech. "Ever hear of the Allspark?"

"Yeah, it's the most powerful energy source in the universe." The Prime said. "It gave the spark of life to all Cybertronians."

"Everybot knows that story." The green mech said.

"Heres another one. The only way we were able to win the GreatWarr all those centuries ago was by keeping the Allspark out of thedeceptionn's hands. Or rather, Y/D did." Ratchet turned to look at me with a saddening expression on his face. "He stole it from Crystal City to keep it safe, even going so far as to fling himself into a space bridge before it exploded just to keep it out of Megatron's grip."

"The records say that the Autobots sent it away, though." The Prime said. "Not the Decepticons."

"It's written that way to prevent another uprising among Decepticons." Ratchet said. "By scrubbing Y/D from history, the Autobots are able to maintain control over Cybertron."

"How do you know this?" The cyberninja asked.

"I was there when it happened." Ratchet said grimly.

"Nnnngh..." I groaned quietly as I regained consciousness, Ratchet rushing over to me with a worried expression.

'They're coming.' I hear the Allspark whisper.

"We... we need to move." I groaned as I tried to push myself back up, my joints shaking and trembling from the effort. "The Decepticons... they're coming for it."

-with the Decepticons-

"Lord Megatron. I'm picking up 2 rather unique energy signatures." Blackarachnia said. "One is fairly strong, while the other is... known to us."

"And what would that signature be, Blackarachnia?" Megatron asked coldly.

"Someone who owes the Decepticons a lot more than loyalty." She said with a smirk. "Carnifex is with the strong signature."

Megatron visibly stiffened and gripped on the arm of his throne so tightly the metal bent and warped underneath.

"What did you say?" He asked coldly.

"That's the traitorous bot who got away, is it not?"

"Indeed it is." Megatron growled. "Follow that signal at once! Now!"

-with Y/D-

"Kid, you need to calm down." Ratchet said as I began to panic and tried to fight against him.

"No! You don't understand! We need to move! Now!" I begged.

"And we will Y/D." The Prime said. "Ratchet, try and calm him down, the rest of you with me." The other Autobots nodded and followed the Prime to the command bridge, the ships' engines roaring to life as it pulled away from the asteroid field.

"Y/D, listen to me." Ratchet said as he framed the sides of my face between his servos. "Trust me when I say we will get the Allspark to safety. Optimus is a good captain, and the others are good bots too."

"Their maintenence bots, Ratchet!" I argued. "They don't know how to fight!"

"Prime does, and so does Prowl our tag along cyberninja. They are rookies, sure, but they can help fight if need be. Even Bulkhead and Bumblebee have a bit of a fight in them."

"I can't let them get killed." I said with a shake and static in my voice.

"They won't. I promise."

"Ratchet?"

"Yeah, Y/D?"

"I... I'm scared."