Rumours about Rui and Tsukasa began circulating in Kamiyama High School, and it irritated Nene.

Did these idiots not learn their lesson after the whole situation with Rui?

It frustrated the girl to know that, even though people had stopped thinking Rui was some insane pyromaniac or evil scientist or arsonist after realizing that they had been wrong, they continued to spread things that might not even be true!

This time, it was about Rui's relationship with Tsukasa. Apparently, some people had seen the two kissing in the hall—or they claimed to have seen it.

Even if it's most likely true, they never verified it before spreading it... Not that they should, though, because it's not their business!

The girl was complaining about this to her friend, Toya, in the school hallway. It had been a week since they'd started calling each other by their first names.

"That does sound annoying," Toya nodded. "I completely agree with you."

"Thank you!" Nene said exasperatedly. "I just wish others would listen like you do!"

"I think you already know the probability of that happening," Toya said. "Tsukasa's popularity may have taken a significant plunge into the deep end after he started talking to Kamishiro, but he's still pretty popular. People want to be kept in the know.

"In addition to that, Kamishiro is still known by almost everyone, except he's more known for defending Tsukasa in a fight or something instead of being a crazy, unstable murderer."

"Yeah, but it's so aggravating!" The green-haired girl whined. "It's their personal lives and they don't need to have every bit of information about it! And I don't want Rui to go through all of that rumours shit again!"

Toya stared at Nene for a few moments.

"What? I'm allowed to care about him!" Nene huffed as a pink shade rose to her cheeks. "He's as important to me as Tsukasa is to you."

"I see," Toya nodded understandingly. "He's like your brother."

"Exactly," Nene mumbled, crossing her arms. "And I don't like it when people stare at him and whisper things about him. I think he's used to it, so he doesn't care, but he shouldn't have to be used to it!"

"I understand where your anger comes from," Toya said. "You could try to speak to Kamishiro about the whole situation at recess."

I will.

The first bell rang after a few minutes, and classes flew by. Nene wondered why—and how—those two hours had passed so quickly.

     Nene went to the hallway where the students in the same grade as Rui were. She felt so small, surrounded by people that were all older and taller than her. Occasionally, she would pass by someone her height.

     She got some strange and threatening looks from the students in the older grade. She kept her eyes on the floor.

     She spotted Rui and Tsukasa with Mizuki and ran over to them.

Tsukasa looks kinda annoyed at Mizuki...

Nene decided to ignore the look on the blonde's face.

     "Rui!" Nene said urgently. "I need to talk to you!"

"No! Rui, don't leave me!" Mizuki begged. "Tenma's gonna murder me when you're not looking!"

"What?" Nene deadpanned while staring at Mizuki.

"I'm sure he's warming up to you," Rui shrugged. "It'll take some time."

Mizuki laughed nervously as their eyes met Tsukasa's.

Oh. He's jealous. Haha, loser.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" Rui asked. "Is it really so important that you had to walk all the way to our hall instead of waiting for school to end?"

"There's new rumours about you!" Nene wore an angry frown on her face. "I can't believe these people! They really don't learn their lessons!"

Rui laughed. "Is that what this is about?" He said. "There's no need to be so angry about it. People keep on asking me whether it's true or not, but I always give them different answers."

At least they're asking...

"What do you tell them?" Nene asked.

Before Rui could answer, a student came up to him.

"Um, Kamishiro, Tenma," She said. "Are you, um, like, dating?"

"Really?" Tsukasa already seemed sick of all of the people asking about his and Rui's relationship.

Rui glanced at Nene, as if to say 'watch this'."

"Maybe." Rui answered the student with a smirk.

Nene stared at Rui in surprise, her mouth hanging open.

No way. Since when?!

"W—What?" The student said, bewildered. "But I... You told my sister that..." She glanced from Rui to Nene to Mizuki. "N—Never mind!" She turned and ran, her face flushed.

Rui laughed. "See how embarrassed they get? It's hilarious."

"You idiot!" Nene pouted. "I can't believe you never told me you were dating Tsukasa!"

"Haha, don't murder me!" Rui said jokingly, ducking away as Nene swatted at him with her hands. "We only started dating yesterday!"

"Hey, don't hide behind me!" Tsukasa looked over at Rui, who had indeed been hiding behind his boyfriend.

"You were naturally born a human shield," Nene laughed.

"You're sure to make people smile that way, my star," Rui wrapped his arms around Tsukasa's waist from behind, making the blonde blush.

No wonder people think they're dating, they're so damn obvious! You know what, it's their own faults, I'm not gonna try and defend them anymore.

"I don't wanna be famous for being a human shield!" Tsukasa frowned and Rui kissed him on the cheek.

"You say you started dating yesterday, but you're acting like a couple that's been married for ten years." Nene rolled her eyes.

"For real," Mizuki said. "And then they wonder how people started suspecting their relationship."

"Oh, I don't wonder how," Rui said. "It's because I kissed Tsukasa-kun and people just saw it. It only seems so important because Tsukasa-kun was known for being so amazing while I was known for being the exact opposite. It came as a surprise to everybody, I guess."

"No shit," Mizuki said. "You used to be a mad scientist arsonist pyromaniac dude and Tsukasa was, like, the most perfect guy in the school."

"He still is," Rui said, flustering Tsukasa.

"I swear I'm going to turn homophobic just for you two." Nene glared at the two.

"How sweet of you, Nene." Tsukasa said sarcastically.

——————————

Word count: 1519