2.

⋆⊹ ˖࣭⋆⭒˚

The first three years, nothing significant happened; Theodore was a little delayed in his development. When his father realized this, he attempted to have a second child with his wife, but it didn't work out. His wife couldn't get pregnant again, and because of their family's situation, he couldn't impregnate another woman.

It was Theodore Nott's third birthday, but instead of being happy and excited, he was hiding under a table, watching his dad scream at his mother. Theodore didn't understand what was going on; tears streamed down his little face. At that moment, his father noticed him crying. "Now that child is crying," he yelled. "It's all your fault; you're parenting him completely wrong. This child will, or more likely, is such a weak thing," he continued, berating his wife. "I'm sorry. I'm working on it, I promise," she told him, hoping not to escalate his anger.

"When I was his age, I never cried; make him stop or something will happen," he yelled before storming into his office. Theodore's father knew it wasn't yet time to teach Theodore proper manners, but his time would come, and Theodore would be grateful for it, just as he was grateful for his own education by his father. He didn't have high hopes for his son, but upon learning his wife couldn't get pregnant again, he felt the need to make the best of the situation. Sadly, he had to witness how much Theodore adored his mother. Although he also liked his father, his mother was definitely his favorite parent. However, he was fine with it for now, but one day, he would make himself the favorite parent, whatever it might cost. Perhaps he should start working on gaining the boy's trust now. He decided to buy a random gift, maybe something they could use to spend time together. Despite not liking Theodore much, spending time with him would be beneficial for his plans. He decided on a fishing rod, thinking they could go fishing together.

Meanwhile, Theodore's mother approached him. "You need to stop crying, okay? Dad will get mad at you if you keep crying. If you stop, you'll have a great birthday, I promise," she said, knowing it was wrong to stop him from crying like this, but fearing what her husband might do to her little boy if he continued. He was just three years old, and she had promised herself when he was born that she would never let anyone hurt him. Just as Theodore stopped crying, his father returned, offering him a gift with a false smile.

Theodore watched his father with wide eyes. A gift from his father? He had never received one before. The boy smiled at his father. "Do you want it?" his father asked. Theodore hadn't spoken much yet, aside from "Mom" and "Dad," so he simply nodded. "Use your words, boy," his father instructed. The boy stared at his father, unsure of what to say. "Yes or no?" his father pressed. The boy attempted to mimic his father's speech. "Y-yes," he stammered. "Good boy," his father said, handing him the gift. Theodore struggled to open it, with his mother's help. When he finally unwrapped it, he found a fishing rod inside. He smiled at his dad and tried to say something again. "Th-thank you," he managed. His father gave him a small smile, while his mother looked on with pride. At that moment, Theodore decided he just wanted to make his parents proud.

His father then excused himself to go back to work, promising to take him fishing on the weekend. Theodore looked at his mother. "T-that good?" he asked. She smiled at him. "I'm really proud; you did great. Do you want my gift too?" she asked, giving him a kiss on the forehead. "Yes, please," Theodore tried to say. His mother gave him another gift, helping him open it fully this time. Inside were some toys.

As Theodore's mother watched her son's big smile as he began to play, she felt reassured that he liked his gifts. He looked happier than she had seen him in a long time. She knew her "husband" might hurt her one day; she wasn't naive. He thought she was, but she was just trying to give her son the best childhood she could. If that meant pretending not to notice certain things, she would do it. Her son was her whole world; she even secretly saved money from her family each month so he could run away one day. He deserved so much better than what he had.

"After this birthday, Theodore began to talk more to make his parents proud; he also cried less. During the week, his mother taught him various things, with speech being the main focus. On weekends, he often went fishing with his dad, although he was initially bad at it, he improved over time. His life wasn't perfect, but he wouldn't say it was bad either. His mom did her best, and while other mothers praised her parenting, his father disagreed. He despised her way of raising their child, but he had little choice; he was busy working all day, and he needed her. However, one day, he wouldn't need her anymore, and then she would be gone.

⋆⊹ ˖࣭⋆⭒˚

I hope you guys like it, if yes please vote and leave a comment.

-''-