gallys smile faltered for a few seconds before replacing it with a fake one. the boy used everything in him to not let any tears slip as his eyes became glossy. gally felt as if she had ripped out his heart and stepped on it in a matter of seconds. he wasn't sure why but the words she spoke hurt him a lot. "i like you too mads, in a friend way." he chuckled trying to hide his saddened expression.

madelyn's attention shifted from gally as she spotted her next victim, forgetting about her interaction with gally almost immediately. "minho! min min!" she called out as she strutted away to the boy who was sat next to frypan deep in conversation.

minho glanced up at the sound of her voice, his judgemental stare furrowed as he noticed the girls drunk state. the boy quickly stood up and walked to her ready to be used as a walking stick. "maddy, how many have you had?" he asked in a concerned tone. he had seen the girl drunk before but not like this, and who knew what could happen in a glade full of boys.

madelyn blinked a few times trying to recall how many drinks she had had, using her finger to count. "uh, one, two," she placed two fingers up in the air. "haha, three!" she stated excitedly as she shook her head again realising that wasn't right. "wait, no, no, four!"

"maybe we should take you to your room, ya need to sleep it off." justin started walking over to the girl who was currently in the arms of minho who glared back at the intoxicated boy. "here minho, give her to me, i'll take care of her."

frypan stood up from his seat noticing the boy's intentions. "she's good and well with us." he spoke firmly.

madelyn fluttered her eyes in confusion of what the tension was about. "i'm okay!" she responded as the boys continued to argue. her eyes roamed around as she blocked out the small argument between minho, frypan and justin. the girl's eyes landed on the same boy she always looked for, her face lit up when she spotted him. minho turned to look at his now empty arms when he felt her grip loosen on him as she began to walk away over to the blonde boy.

"maddy!" he yelled out after the girl, but stopped when he realised who she was walking over to.

"newt!" madelyn yelled, gaining a lot of the boy's attention. he turned around glancing at the girl who was calling out for him. "newtie!"

he winced at the nickname in embarrassment as he heard a few boys chuckle from around him. "madelyn!" newt called back trying to match the girl's energy. the girl flung herself at him, immediately wrapping her arms around his torso. newt stumbled backwards as he tried to hold the girl up.

newt chuckled in surprise, his heart beating at a faster pace. "how many have you had, love?"

madelyn pulled away from the boy, a blush sat on her cheeks from the new nickname. she placed her hands on his arms as she tried to stay balanced. newts lips formed into a smile as she began to giggle, her laugh always cheered him up. "like, alot!" madelyn responded truthfully.

newts eyes examined the girl's intoxicated state as he shook his head. "come on, let's get you to bed." the girl quickly shook her head in refusal. "why not?"

madelyn looked around oblivious to the fact there were now multiple boys watching and listening to their conversation. "no i need to tell you a secret!" she tried her best to whisper, but it came out louder than intended.

newt glanced around nervously, noticing the boys listening in. "c'mon maddy, let's go."

"no! " madelyn firmly shook her head. " not until i tell you my big secret!"