𝟒. 𝐀 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝.

Your point of view.

(SPOILER WARNING.)

Curiosity.

Such a basic component of human nature that we are nearly oblivious to it's widespread presence. It is the thought of the noblest of human drives and can be often deemed as dangerous.

Which it is.

Dangerous and deadly at times.

There's no wrong in the saying that curiosity kills the cat. For there have been courtless incidents in the past to prove the wordings.

"Y/n. Are you sure this is your final decision?"

But, there's also no growth without been curious. And curiosity takes courage. Courage to forget your fears and overcome your worries.

"Yes."

A risk taken at such a level that it could result in death.

But at some point, the thought of dying doesn't come inside your head when the thing your pulled towards is as alluring and awarding in return.

It's the same in my case. Would be termed as greedy. But money doesn't have any role to play. For money can be earned in many ways

"Are you doubting my strength. Hunter Go Gun-hee?"

A straight road to death should have a lot more to offer then just mindless pieces of cash that would be of no use at the end.

"Ofcourse not. It's just.."

"Just?"

"It's just that a gate of such high mana affinity has never appeared before. We could only expect the monsters behind it to be highly vicious."

Correct. If anything, it would be a havoc.

"I'm well aware."

"Are you sure?" His voice spoke with a grunt on the other line. "There's no point in going. If anything we should be taking this as an opportunity to learn and observe. Could actually mininze the effects if such a gate open in our country in the upcoming future."

In wordings it's hard to explain why I made this decision. For I'm not just curious. But also desperate.

Desperate in sense, that I wanna know why my inner voice would go onto the level to keep me awake at nights, occupying my mind with the said thoughts.

For a voice just rang inside my head, telling me repeatedly to be present. To fight whatever monstrosity would surge forth.

"Hunter Go Gun-hee. This is purely based on my curiosity. Something just tells me to be there and im going to trust my guts on that." I simply stated.

"..Alright." He sighed. "I can understand. I wish you the best of luck and also a safe journey." He hang up the call.

In truth, there was nothing that he could have said that would have affected my decision. For he knows how stubborn I am.

But something in his tone made me just a little conscious.

_______________________________

Flashes of camera were everywhere. The reporters missing no spots of the individuals walking forward with their guards covering their frames.

The country's media didn't wanted to miss any details about the newcomers who just arrived at the airport, called by the organization to fight for their sake.

That and the huge line of civilians leaning behind steel barricades, pushing forward to get a glance.

"Isn't it quite a sight." Ha-neul spoke with a smirk, pushing her fake glasses over her nose bridge. "S rankers swooping at each corner. One could even mistake me as one."