𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

3rd POV.

The huffing sound of an individual echoed through the empty streets. His running feet leaving behind the impression of his coward self.

No. He wasn't a coward.

Just too powerless to fight against those creatures. Those beings, that brutally murdered his companions.

The once lively street was filled in chaos. Covered in blood. Ruined beyond repair. Filled with the acrid scent of smoke. With dead bodies lying at each corner.

The boy kept running. So fast that he thought his legs were gonna explode. With adrenaline pumping in his blood.

He was scared. God. He was scared for his life.

An E-rank dungeon break they said. But those monsters that followed the others through the dungeon were nothing of that trait.

He saw his companions, those who were much higher rank then him get ruthlessly killed in front of his eyes.

How did he stood a chance?

Against those monsters?

They would kill him too.

After all, He's weak. The weakest.

He darted past buildings, ignoring everything and anything that came in his side view. Running and running... until.

"Help.."

His feet stopped. It was a faint call. But he heard it. He hesitantly averted his head towards the voice, gulping unconsciously. His eyes widened at the sight. A small gasp escaping past his dry lips. 

"Help..me.."

A kid called out for his help. Lying almost unconscious on the ground. Blood surrounding his small frame. His left leg stuck underneath the concrete boulder.

His lips curled up to form a small smile, as he found the man noticing his presence.

He was saved now. Right? He would definitely help him. Right?

The man quickly composed himself. Averting his head towards the back and then towards the kid.

The monsters weren't following him.  Maybe they lost sight of him. Maybe just maybe he could help this kid out.

He hurriedly walked towards the kid, holding the boulder in tight grip before taking a deep breath.

He wouldn't be able to live with the grief of leaving this kid behind.

As air rushed down his lungs, he used all his strength to push the boulder. But in no vain. He already lost a lot of mana. Not that he had enough anyways.

Oh god. Please not now. He thought out loud.

Tears welled in the eyes of the kid as the man tried to force the rock. It hurts. Its hurts so bad. He's just a kid. He doesn't wanna die so early.

The man closed his eyes in stress. Trying to shake off the pain in his hand. But no matter how much he tries, he's not strong enough.

His ears perked up at a sudden sound. Hurriedly averting his head towards the street. The one where he came from.

His eyes widened as a shadow lurked in the far corners. Bright red eyes glowing in the dark. Soon revealing itself.

He backed off at the sight. Shit. They are here. He thought as sweat formed on his forehead.

He has to run... Otherwise he would end up just like his colleagues. Dead.

No wait. He can't forget about the kid. He can't be that selfish enough to leave him behind.