Chapter Six

In all truth, Holly and Will probably just extended the trip so they had a chance to spend more time together on the off chance, and now reality, that they decided to admit their feelings for each other. So here they were on Saturday, tangled up in the sheets, spending their time cuddling, making out and spending time in each others' arms. Their phones turned silent, talking, soaking in each others' scents, enjoying being in their own little bubble, the world oblivious to them existing together.

Sure, Peter probably knew, and if he knew, it would only be a matter of time before the rest of the clinic found out, but who cared? If anything, they probably owed Peter a thank you for being an evil genius and basically setting them up. Of course his intention was never to hook them up, but it was a sweet little bonus that he would enjoy taking credit for if he was asked.

"So, why do you think your parents don't care as much about you as they do about your sister?" Will asked Holly, kissing her hair.

She shrugged. "They just don't seem to care as much about seeing me," she explained. "They were always going to favour her. She falls in line with their values; she's a doting housewife with two adorable kids, and I'm living the single life, trying to pay off student loans. Don't get me wrong, if that's the life she wants, I'm happy for her. I just never saw that for myself. I still don't."

"You don't want a husband and kids?" he asked, and she noted a hint of disappointment in his tone.

"No, of course I do," she corrected him. "I just want to be established in my job and my life first. It feels selfish to bring kids into it when I'm not ready in any aspect. I should probably thank my poor social skills for making it so difficult to be in relationships, because abstinence is probably the only reason I haven't whoopsied a baby into existence."

"Wait, you're a-"

"26 year old virgin," she finished for him. "I guess it's the only value I've shared with my parents. You know, no sex before marriage. It wasn't intentional in the slightest, though. No one wants to sleep with someone who has so many issues."

"Well, I know one person who does," he smirked.

She blushed. "The feeling is mutual, assuming we're thinking of the same person," she giggled.

"I think we are," he said softly as he inched his face closer to hers, their lips touching almost painfully slow.

They kept the recorder going during these kinds of conversations (you know, all of them), just to make sure they didn't go any further than kisses. They'd agreed they wanted to move gradually. Not necessarily slowly, but they definitely wanted to save any sexual encounters for when they'd been on a few dates, at least. For now, making out, cuddling, teasing and making innuendos towards their first time was creating plenty of build up, and when the time came, they knew it would be worth the wait.

A knock came at the door, startling them into pulling away from each other. Will got up to answer the door, and it was just room service, bringing them the food they forgot they'd ordered. When he took the food and shut the door, they both laughed at their nervousness. Sure, they were adults, but neither of them particularly got the proper teenage experience. Holly had come to find out that Will had dated before, but his only serious relationship crashed in a blaze of glory when she cheated on him. The weirdest thing about it was that she begged him to stay, but (understandably) he told her he couldn't be with a cheater.

She'd pop up out of the woodwork over the years, but he hadn't seen or heard from her in around a year and a half. Holly had to giggle a bit at the misfortune he'd experienced in his love life. It was probably just as bad as never having had a serious relationship. It wasn't for want of trying on her part; she would have loved to have settled down by now, maybe engaged to the love of her life. Instead, she was holed up in a hotel room with her dead high school crush's older brother, and she couldn't deny that it was probably better than being engaged for the sake of being engaged.