The car ride back.

(Jo's POV)

Once I had thrown up, everything seemed to clear up slightly.

I was still, clearly, very drunk but my memory of the night was coming back: the boys fighting, Joey and Bianca-

I am ripped from my thoughts as I remember I left Kat.

"KAT!! Shit..." I stand up from the swing and speed past Pat.

"Sorry, I've got to find her." I turn back to Pat before I run towards bogeys house.

As I reach the front door, lots of people seem to be leaving.

I scan the area for anyone I recognise and my eyes land on Kat herself.

Her long blonde hair facing me.

I dodge around people to get to Kat.

"Kat!" I shout, I watch as she turns to find me.

As I see her face, searching for me, I can see that her eyes are slightly red.

"Kat!" I shout once more as I get closer to her now.

Her blue eyes scan around and finally meet mine.

I watch as her face wrinkles into a big smile.

I barge past a few more people and finally reach her.

My arms reach out and wrap around her, pulling her into a deep hug.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I left you-" I start, already holding back tears.

"Oh Jo, Its fine. Look who I'm with." Kat says calmly, pushing me slightly.

I turn to look who she is with, I am met with Cameron, Michael and Mandella (a slightly crazy, but cool girl.)
"Oh, hi everyone." I awkwardly wave at them.

"Do you want to go now? I'm tired as fuck." Kat yawns.

I nod in reply.

As we reach the car, I see Patrick leaning slightly on the door, waiting.

"Ready Pat." I half shout. His head whips up and he smiles at both of us.

My eyes watch him move to open the doors and I realise he was looking through my camera which makes me smile.

"I call the back; I'm going straight to sleep- these dicks really killed me off." Kat sighs.

The car ride back is silent for the first five minutes before Pat, and I hear Kat snoring.

I reach forwards and hit the stereo. 'Gypsy' by Fleetwood Mac plays.

"I love this song. I remember dancing around to this as a kid." I giggle. Me and my mother used to play this whole album. Its bitter-sweet to think about that now.

"I want to do that." I speak after a few seconds.

"Do what?" Pat replies.

"This!" I whisper yell, exclaiming and pointing towards the stereo.

"Start a band?" He looks at me confused.

"No, become Stevie nicks!" I roll my eyes. Pat chuckles next to me.

"I would, Kats father would hate me if I dragged her down." I sigh.

Pat slows down the car as we pull up outside Kat's house.

I can feel his eyes, staring. I look out the window towards the house.

He moves and turns the radio off.

"You don't strike me as someone that would care about opinions."

Now I turn to face him, "Well I do. Especially when it is Mr Stratford, he is my father too. Do not act like you know me."

He pauses.

"Well, I'm getting there."

I soften.

"People only know me for being some crazy girl." I shake my head and joke.

His head falls, "Well I'm no picnic myself."

I turn to look at him.

His features look soft in this light. He doesn't have his usual threatening aura. His eyes watch me as I take in his appearance.

He moves his head now, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Uh- so what about this band then?" He seems slightly nervous now.

I look out of the window once more, "Kat and I have always wanted to play at club skunk- play anywhere really." I shrug.

"Really?"

"Mhm," I nod.

"I know some people there. I could maybe get you there?" He says looking at me.

"No fucking way!" I whisper shout.

He shushes me and reminds me that Kat is sleeping.

"If you did that, wed die." I exclaim.

I pause as he laughs.

"Shame they only play them shit quiet bands, no variation really." I laugh "But, kat... She would rule. She wants that so bad."

Pat looks around, "No offence or anything. I know everyone digs the 'Stratford sisters' but they're without."

I look at him in disbelief.

Why is he saying this... and why is it working?

"You know, you're not as vile as you were before your little trip."

His smile forms, I lean forwards slightly, there's only a small gap between us now.

I know I shouldn't, but I close my eyes and lean more.

I wait for his lips...

They never come, instead he says, "We should do this another time."

Pat sits stiff now, facing the front.

I am shocked. Why would he say everything, help me, drive me home to leave me like that.

I must remember this is not a teenage romance. He is exactly who I remember pranking me.

He should've said pranked. That would have given me a reason to hate him. Now, however, I can't hate him.

Tears sting my eyes; I push them back.

"Kat...Kat." I turn around and tap her leg.

Her eyes flutter open, "Are we home?"

"Yeah, let's go." I say monotone.

I give Pat one last look; his face looks like he was pleading me to not hate him. Fuck him.

Opening the door, I step out and don't look back.

I hear Kat thanking Pat for everything. My blood is boiling.

Why did he lead me on like that. Making me feel special.

I wait for Kat and then proceed to unlock the front door.

"Hey Jo, what just happened? Your man looked-" Kat sentence fades off as she sees my face.

"Oh Jo..." She wraps me in a hug. The tears start to fall.

"Let's just go to bed, yeah?" I say opening the door.

This was my way of telling Kat that I could not talk.

"Yeah-yeah just come to my room if you want anything." She watches me as I hurry up the stairs into my room.

My ears are still ringing as I get into bed. I had washed my makeup off and tied my hair into a loose bun.

Maybe that was just a big prank. Making me think I liked him and then BAM 'PRANKK'!!

I cannot sleep, I am still drunk, and I am now pissed.

I grab my keyboard, my headphones and my notebook. 

Song writing time.