Confused Yet?

Gym class was Joannas time to release her built up stress.

Luckily, today was soccer which meant that she could get it out.

"Is it just me or has Verona been staring at you for the whole practice?" Kat jogs up to Joanna and nods her head towards the seats, occupied by Patrick and his friend.

Joannas eyes travel to them, her eyes meeting his.

"No I dont think he's looking at me" Joanna turns back to Kat, shrugging her shoulders.

He was definitely looking at her. Everyone around them knew his eyes were tracking the girl.

Joanna could no longer focus. Every time she should be looking at what was happening, she found herself staring at Verona.

The coach blows the whistle.

Joanna sees this as an opportunity to question Verona. So she runs towards him.

"Look I don't know what the issue is now but if you don't quit staring at me, we're gonna have one." Joanna raises her voice.

"It's a lovely day, isn't it sunshine?" Verona replies in a charming tone.

"Don't mess around with me Verona."

"Look, Joanna. I just wanted to talk to you, do I need an explanation?" Patrick defends.

Joanna is extremely shocked by this, they haven't had any nice interaction with eachother in years. So why now is Verona wanting to talk?

Patrick takes her dumbfounded inability to talk as his cue to continue.
"So how are you?"

Joanna's shock remains but her attitude still remains, "Sweating like a pig actually. And yourself?"

"Now there's a way to get a guys attention, huh? Always a way with words."

"Yes! Definitely, why I eat, sleep and breathe: guys attention. And my way with words must have taken your fancy, mr 'I wanna talk to you'." She adds her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Joanna grabs her bag and proceeds to leave. Wanting to leave this conversation as quickly as possible.

"So pick you up on Friday then?" Patrick speeds up to continue talking.

"Oh yeah, of course, totally!"

"We could go to places you've never seen before." He tries to play it cool with her. However, he's forgetting she knows what he's like.

"Mm like the rusty diner in a dark alley? Sure I'm so excited!" Joanna sarcastically acclaims, clasping her hands together.

"I know you're just messing around 'screw boy', but you're freaking me out." Joanna says trying to speed away from him.

"Look I know a lot more than you think." He adds.

"Did you think that was gonna magically make me run to you. I just called you creepy. If anything that made it worse." Joanna giggles while speeding off.

Kat and Joanna decided to go to the music store just to hang out. Which is good.

Joanna needed some normal after that really strange conversation with Verona.

"Okay, Jo, don't kill me but I think that Patrick Verona has been staring at you a lot recently-" Kat glances up at Jo's disgusted face, "but I mean- erm obviously-"