In the quiet of the room, Namjoon found himself confronted with the harsh reality of his past actions and their impact on the person he loved. He realized that he couldn't change the past, but he could choose how to move forward. With renewed determination, he vowed to confront his fears and to fight for the chance to make things right, no matter the cost. As he reached out to gently grasp your hand, he whispered a silent prayer for forgiveness and a second chance at love.

༄❃༄

-THIRD YEAR OF UNIVERSITY-

Amidst the enclave of college peers, he stood, the tendrils of smoke curling around him as he indulged in the vice of nicotine. Clad in a casual ensemble consisting of a gray sweatshirt and black baggy pants, accentuated by a silver chain adorning his neck and a ring gracing his left hand, he emanated an aura synonymous with that of the quintessential bad boy. However, beneath this façade lay a surprising contrast, for he held the esteemed title of valedictorian within his department.

“You’re smoking again?” Your voice, tinged with disapproval, interjected as you instinctively closed your nose to shield yourself from the pungent fumes.

“How many times do I have to tell you to mind your own business, Y/N?” He chuckled dismissively, exhaling a plume of smoke into the air. “I won't quit smoking, not in this birth nor in any other.”

The exchange was one that had become all too familiar, a recurring cycle of your attempts to dissuade him from his habit, met with his steadfast refusal to heed your counsel.

With a sigh, you resigned yourself to the futility of your efforts, knowing deep down that his addiction was deeply entrenched and seemingly impervious to your influence. Yet, despite the frustration that simmered within you, there lingered a glimmer of hope, a silent prayer that perhaps one day he would recognize the folly of his ways and choose to embark upon the path to cessation.

As you observed him from afar, the distant echo of your admonishments resonating in the recesses of your mind, you couldn't help but wonder what it would take for him to break free from the chains of addiction and embrace a healthier lifestyle. It was a question that lingered unanswered, shrouded in the uncertainty of the future, yet imbued with the unwavering determination to see him overcome the demons that held him captive.

For in the end, it was not the words spoken or the actions taken that held the power to effect change, but rather the unwavering presence of love and compassion, guiding him towards the path of redemption and renewal. And so, with each passing day, you continued to walk alongside him, a beacon of hope amidst the darkness, steadfast in your belief that one day, he would emerge victorious in the battle against his addiction.

“Your habit will kill you and the people around you.” You cautioned, your voice laced with genuine concern, as he crushed the finished cigarette under his shoe and pulled out a new one.

“Yeah, yeah, we'll see who's the one facing death.” He scoffed, his friends joining in with laughter.

You were about to respond when a fit of coughing seized you, causing you to clutch your chest for support.

Rolling his eyes dismissively, he remarked, “Can you quit this act already? Nothing can stop me from smoking.”

But as he spoke, he noticed the distress etched on your face, tears welling up in the corners of your eyes. It was a sight he had never witnessed before.

“Y/N!!!” With a surge of urgency, he rushed to your side, shooting a sharp glare at his friends who continued to mock you, exhaling smoke with gusto. Despite their laughter, he couldn't ignore the gravity of the situation.