Chapter 1 - Becoming The First Supporter

As I finished the last of the paperwork, I left the student council room and began my journey home. The school corridors were deserted at this late hour, with only the faint buzz of fluorescent lights accompanying my footsteps.

Exhaustion weighed heavily upon me, and the thought of cooking dinner felt like an insurmountable task.

Sighing wearily, I resigned myself to the idea of skipping dinner and headed straight home.

After a few minutes, I finally arrived at my house and entered, immediately seeking solace in the comfort of my room.

Collapsing onto my bed, I stared up at the ceiling, "So tiring..."

"We want to do something to keep the school from closing!" Her voice echoed in my mind, filled with determination. "School Idols are really popular now, so... I..."

Idols, huh...

Idol groups thrive on close interactions with fans, from handshake events to fan meetings and concerts. Building a dedicated fan base requires a strong presence and plenty of members to keep the momentum going.

Despite the challenges they may face, I wished them all the luck.

I decided to agree to support them, after all.

Feeling the weight of exhaustion pressing down on me, I decided to call it a night and surrender to sleep's embrace.

The next day, back in the student council room...

"Good morning," I greeted as I entered the room, acknowledging President Ayase and Vice President Tojo.

"Good morning, Secretary Nishihara," President Ayase replied with a warm smile.

"Good morning," Vice President Tojo chimed in, her gentle demeanor evident in her greeting.

"Secretary Nishihara."

"Yes, President?"

"Thank you for handling the paperwork yesterday."

"Oh, it's no trouble at all. I have a feeling there will be more paperwork to tackle, especially with the Welcome Party coming up."

"Your intuition is spot on," Nozomi replied with a smile.

"Haha, I was hoping for a bit of a break, but it looks like we'll be even busier."

I remarked with a slight smile as I made my way to my seat and began reviewing the forms.

Today, the student council will be reviewing and approving proposals for activities at the Welcome Party. President Ayase and I were focused on the task at hand, while Vice President Tojo was engrossed in shuffling her tarot cards.

Vice President Tojo, at least try and give us a hand here.

"Hm? Did you say something, Secretary-kun?"