Titanium

Kaz POV

I followed behind Sturmhond and Zoya as they talked. I let my mind wander as they talked, going to one place. My wife. We arrived at the crow club soon.

"Why would anyone enter that place?" Zoya asked as two giggling Zemini girls walked in.

"Because they love a good thrill." Said Rose, standing at the door to the crow club. Nikolai's eyes widened slightly at the sight of her, but Zoya just asked.

"Do you have any manners? Why didn't you meet us at the harbor?" 

"I wanted to but Kaz said he wanted to know just how dire your situation is and he didn't want me walking anymore than I have to." Rose replied, putting a hand on her stomach. It was true. I had wanted her to stay on the farm but she had insisted on coming.

"How far along are you?" Nikolai asked her.

"Around seven months." She replied with a slight smile.

"Where is Brekker, since you mentioned him." Zoya asked.

"Right here." I replied. straightening up and walking over to Rose. She removed her tailoring and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"And for the record General Nazyalensky, Kerch is a country without mercy or law, but it is a place where a man can make a living for himself without noble blood or magic in his veins." I told her. 

"Grisha do not practice magic. It's called the small science and has anyone told you it's rude to eavesdrop." Zoya said, sending me a glare.

"Better to get fat on information than starve on good manners." I told her as Rose and I lead them through the crow club.

"Why the disguise Brekker?" Nikolai asked.

"The one downfall to success is that you are extremely recognizable" Rose replied.

"Which would be a problem if my wife wasn't a tailor." I replied, wrapping my arm around her waist. We entered the back room in the crow club and I moved the portrait while Rose spun the lock, opening the safe. a tunnel appeared behind it. I heard Rose heave a sigh, clearly bracing herself for the walk. I caught up to her and took her hand in mine.

"When did you build this?" Nikolai asked.

"When we needed to,  now we know how dire your situation is, and we know you need the titanium, but what's in it for us?" I asked.

"A challenge for your minds." Nikolai suggusted.

"You have us confused for other thieves." Rose told them.

"I don't think so. I have something you want." Nikolai said.

"And what would that be?" I asked.

"Safety for the Wraith." He replied. Rose stopped walking and squeezed my hand harder in her own. I heaved a sigh.

"Don't you know pregnant women aren't supposed to be stressed." but all Rose said was.

"Speak."

💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰

We arrived at the mansion and I rang the doorbell. Jesper answered and his smile faltered. 

"I'm not supposed to let you in." He said.

"Whys that." I asked back.

"Because whenever you come over you always ask us to break the law." He replied.

"The problem isn't that he asks. The problem is that you always say yes." Wylan said from behind him.

"But look who he brought! He brought Rose! And the man with the flying ships. Come in" Jesper gasped as he took Rose in and Wylan smiled at her. 

"It's getting so big!" Jesper said happily.

"It is and feel it. It's starting to kick." She gently took Jesper's hand in her own and laid it on her stomach. I felt a surge of jealousy so I walked behind her and put my hands on her shoulders protectively. 

"Ow it kicks hard." Jesper said as he drew his hand back. I lead her to the couch and got her to lay down. I sat down next to her head and she put it on my lap, kicking her shoes off.

"It dose. It's taking after it's father. Much to the dismay of my ribs." Rose laughed, giving me a loving glance as I started stroking her hair.

"Right so here's the plan." 

-----------------------------------------------------

Sorry these chapters are short but we are almost at the end of the story. I'm hoping to have it finished by tonight and edited by maybe tonight or tomorrow. So if you get about 30 notifications that's just me editing away. I'm going to be so sad to let this story go but I'm not done with the characters yet.