Chapter 10: Another walk on the beach

Leah (p.o.v):

Dad and I decided to watch  Taken since Liam Neeson is my dads favorite actor.
The choice of movie was a like awkward at first, the whole your daughter gets kidnapped by a sex ring theme.

"And this is why you will never go on a trip to Europe without your broker or myself."

"Dad, that's a movie. I mean yes, things like that can definitely happen but yeah."

"No, you're not."

"You do know for our senior trip they're taking us to Chicago."

"Yeah that's fine. It's a school trip." He said esto no the last of the popcorn. "Daddy, since we are talking about school. Do you remember Mr. Ulliel?"

"Of course, Sebastian. Esteban's professor. What about him?"

"Well you know the after school project we all have to do right? And I chose him. This project is very important for me and I was thinking it would be polite to invite Mr. Ulliel for dinner. You know just you guys did with Mr. Roberts and his wife."

"Hmmm I hadn't thought about that. Sebastian is a great kid. I think that would also be good for your brother."

"Yes, I'm seeing him Friday after school for work, so I can mention something to him."

"No. I will speak to Robert and Sebastian. Great idea. I admire that you're so involved in school. " he said squeezing my arm. I've always been a good student but this time, I was doing everything for personal reasons.

Thursday

I woke up a little earlier than usual, it was still dark outside but I had woken up with a mission and that was to prepare some breakfast for my best friend.

We had barely texted last night because he kept sleeping. I feel for Brendan, his parents are away, his brother is always away and they don't even have a dog.  My poor friend was most of the time alone.  Ryan does spend the night sometimes but he loves the dorm life and Brendan understands that.

I squeezed some orange juice, prepare some scrambled eggs with toast, a side of avocado and tomatoes.  I also opened a Campbell soup and boiled some potatoes to put as an extra. Yes whatever I didn't make chicken soup from scratch but is the thought that counts.

I grabbed one of Eddie's lunchbox's and packed everything. I also had notes from yesterdays class for Brendan. 

"Leah! You scared me." Said Xena said scaring me. She entered the kitchen, her eyes still looking sleepy.

"You scared me too."

"I'm just waking up to prepare breakfast for you guys and some coffee for me but I see you made your breakfast and lunch?"

"No, this is for Brendan. He's sick so I woke a little earlier to take it to him."

"Aww that's so sweet. What do you want for breakfast? I can start preparing something now if you want."

"Thank you Xena, umm you know my favorite a friend egg on toast. Thank you. I'm going to go take a shower."

****

Once I got ready for school my dad was already in the dinning room eating his breakfast.  Dat next to him, little Eddie was still asleep.

"Good morning dad."

"Good morning. I'll be leaving to the hospital later this morning but I won't be coming home tonight. We have two big surgeries scheduled and both will last for hours. I'll sleep at the hospital. Okay? Do not throw a party."

"It's Thursday dad. I won't. Please take the lunch Xena prepared you, and try to rest when you can."  We finished our breakfast, I said goodbye and ordered an uber to Brendan's house. On the way there I received a good morning text from mom, as always.