I grimaced, dropping the blanket around my shoulders that Nanami gave me and scurrying to the elevator at the entrance to Nanami's penthouse. I urgently pressed the button with a down arrow on it, hearing a heavy set of footsteps approach followed by a deep voice. "Miss L/n?"

Luckily, before he could reach me, I was in the elevator, the doors pressing shut. 

My heart raced with adrenaline and anxiety as I reached the lobby and ran back out into the night, the sky quickly fading into an early morning blue. 

Thoughtlessly, I ran into the thick wood between the city and suburbia. Just then, my watch began to go off once again and I cursed beneath my breath, pulling out my little cursed dagger. Swinging it, I puffed out a heavy breath, finally landing a hit on a curse. I felt the tension as I sliced through what I assumed was it's flesh. My watch stopped beeping. 

I let out a breath I'd been holding since fleeing Nanami's, resheathing my little blade. 

Closing my eyes, I leaned back against a nearby tree to catch my breath for a minute. This whole thing was absurd and personally unfathomable. I couldn't see how I could ever overcome this. How I could stop being a danger. 

Letting the image of Sukuna linger in my mind, I couldn't help but blush and bite my lip as I felt my skin flush with a sort of heat I wasn't used to. 

Why did I feel this way about Sukuna? 

CRACKKKKKK...THUMP!

I gasped, swiftly spinning on my heels to face in the direction of what sounded like a tree falling down. 

There was thick silence for a moment before I called out, my voice only seeming to echo. "Hello?" 

Again, the cursed watch buzzed to life, causing me to groan. 

"Why are there so many damn curses coming after me?" I uttered to myself, looking around for where the curse might be lingering. 

Then, I saw it. Not too far away, there seemed to be a path of trees that had fallen. With every few seconds, another tree fell, until it reached the tree right in front of me. I stumbled backward, trying to move out of the way--expecting the tree to fall-- but instead, its branches grew and twisted unnaturally, and one of the branches wrapped around my ankle, pulling me in. 

I screamed, wondering how this was possible. 

Is this a curse? If it is, how can I see it? Odd...

Gasping as it's other limbs started to wrap around my body and pull into its trunk. A deep rumbling came from within it, almost sounding like laughter. 

Beginning to panic, I fumbled for the cursed dagger and tried to hack away at the branches that curled around my leg, but it was to no avail. Another branch secured my wrist and squeezed it suddenly, causing me to drop the dagger. 

My breath began to quicken and my face paled as it squeezed me, a thick limb around my throat.

No matter how much I thrashed or fought, it was just too strong. Finally, it sunk in that I was going to die if I didn't do anything. 

Before the tree- curse - thing could squeeze my throat any more, I uttered out, trying to reach out my hand. "S-Sukuna. Help...pl...please."

My voice was a quiet rasp, and just as I started to feel back spots, I was suddenly released by the tree. Actually, it was if it was gone completely. I fell to the woodsy ground on my knees, coughing and sputtering as I gasped for air. Shakily, I raised my hand to my throat and rubbed it before looking up to see him standing there, a proud look on his marked up face. 

"Awh, I've been waiting to hear that, precious." He uttered, smiling as he kneeled in front of me. "I told you that you would need me."

I didn't reply, flinching away as he reached for me. 

Sukuna tsked at my reaction, moving my hand away from my throat and replacing it with his. In an instant, the breathlessness and scrapes from the rough tree bark along my skin vanished. "There, there, I've rewarded you now, since you've been a good girl. Now come on, woman. Stand."

Without thinking, I went right to my feet, taking a deep breath as I looked up at Sukuna. "Did you really think you could run from me?"

I bite my inner cheek nervously, my back pressed against a tree nearby. "I thought you'd find someone else to do your dirty work." I mumbled nonchalantly, looking away from his piercing gaze. 

"Hm, really? You thought a little runaway act would make me give up on you so fast? I chose you for a reason, and I think we both know why," he began, sliding his strong hand onto my hip. "What is it the punk calls you? His angel? Well, darling, you're no angel. You're not his, either."

"Y-yes I am...he's my boyfriend..." I weakly protested, unable to deny the way his hands made me sway. 

"Sure, his girlfriend. And my little devil...perfect for my plan." He grinned, leaning in.

My eyes widened as I felt his hot breath against my cheek and I shoved him away. "S-shut up and leave me alone!"

With that, I squirmed away from his unrelenting grip and ran off into the trees, my rushing blood causing my ears to ring. 

"We just did this, little devil. You can't run from me." Sukuna avowed, shaking his head as he stalked after me. 

I ignored him and pushed on, trying to ignore his manipulative tactics, yet there was one statement that went right to the pit of my stomach. 

"The only reason you're running from this is because you know I'm not wrong. You're mine, and you're just afraid that you always will be, little devil. 

A/n: hope you enjoyed the long chapter ;)