005

A few months passed by and before I knew it, Yuji was growing stronger before my very eyes

A few months passed by and before I knew it, Yuji was growing stronger before my very eyes. When he would come and visit me on the weekends (given he wasn't on one of the special "missions" he refused to talk about), I noticed he lifted me much easier. Almost as if I was a feather.

Every now and then he would show me his new combat moves that the blindfolded man—apparently called Gojo—taught him. And sometimes, during times that scared me the most, he would look right through me as if I were see through and swat at what looked like air to me.

"Yuji?" I watched as he did it, my mouth and throat running dry as he lunges past me to swat at nothingness. "W-what is it?"

"Just a small curse," he admitted as if it were nothing. As if it didn't make me feel like I was part of a majority of humans entirely inferior to those like him. Not that he did this on purpose.

"Oh..." I whispered shakily, slowly moving behind him and peeking over his shoulder. I closed my hands around the fabric of his shirt, my lip quivering slightly. "Is it gone now?"

He gave a curt nod before slowly turning to face me. He frowned deeply as he saw the fear and confusion in my eyes, snaking his strong arms around my waist and pulling me close. "I'll always protect you, Angel, don't worry."

He pressed a caring kiss to my forehead and smiled reassuringly. Despite being a little shaken up, his smile and genuine words eased me within.

"I miss you," I confessed, finally, "I just want things to go back to normal. I want you to come back to our little high school and play around with Sasaki, Iguchi and I during occult club."

Yuji sat down, allowing me to sit in his lap as he still held me and slowly rubbed my back. He hummed in response as I rested my head on my shoulder and pursed my lips, pouting.

"I know, Y/n. I miss you more." He pressed a gentle kiss to my cheek and then to my lips and I gladly kissed him back. Although, amid the kiss, I shuddered as I suddenly felt his grip tighten roughly on my waist. The demeanor of the kiss went from sweet and innocent to cold and unloving.

I slowly began to pull away, worrying that maybe Yuji spotted another curse near me. "Yuji, are you—Oh my god!" I gasped as I was met by Sukuna's cold snarling smirk. His grip was like steel, even stronger than Yuji's usually was.

"Hm... surprise." He stated flatly, looking down at you and tilting his head as he slowly began to examine you, his hand sliding up from your waist to grip your jaw once again. He turned your head side to side skeptically. He hummed. "Plain. I expected more from the brat."

My cheeks flushed pink with humiliation and insecurity at his comment. Ugh, I shouldn't listen to him...this guy's a curse!

"Still... he cares about you deeply. Do you believe so? I'm curious, the lengths he would go for you. A girl with no cursed energy, techniques or athletic abilities...Simply worthless to protect you. I wager that if I killed you right now, no one would mind at all."

I glared at him angrily, trying my best to stand up for myself as I tried to squirm out of his powerful grasp. "Well, you're wrong about that, you wretched demon."

A twinge of anger tainted Sukuna's amusement at your retort.

"People care about me, and I have meaning here on earth! I'm agile and I bet I could take you on." I said confidently, unaware of the extent of his true power.

"Is that so?" He stood, gripping me by throat and shoving me against the wall as his sharp nails dug into the skin of my neck. "Foolish girl. Apparently, intelligence is not one of these many virtues you insist you have. I am the King of curses. One sway of my finger, and you'd be pieces on the floor, leaving you there for your dear Yuji Itadori to find." Pure hatred evil emanated from him as I began to choke and struggle, clawing at his hand.

I began to see black spots in my vision, though I could still see enough to see Sukuna smirk as he let me crumple to the ground. "That's right, girl. Bow at my feet!" He laughed.

"I suppose I'll leave you alone now, though I'm just starting to have fun..." Sukuna hummed as he keeled down to my level on the floor, sliding his finger under my chin and tilting my face up to look at him.

I wanted to be disgusted. I wanted to hate him. But he still had Yuji's face, and the misconstruing sight only made me an easier target, I was sure. "However...I will need you later, so try not to be killed by some other curse, okay? Tell the brat I said hello."

He laughed before he willingly relinquished his control on Yuji's body while I gasped for air, still holding my hand over the red mark forming on my throat.

"Y/N!!" As soon as Yuji saw the scene before him, he dropped to his knees beside me and moved my hand away to see the large hand mark on my throat. Pain and terror filled his eyes as he looked at the mark and then his own hand, shaking his head. "No, no, no...How did this happen?! I thought for sure I had it under control... He only takes control when I'm around you!"

He shook his head frantically in denial and I frowned deeply, slowly sitting up. "Yuji...it isn't your fault." As I reached for him, he quickly stepped away.

"No way, you need to stay away from me, Y/n! What if it happens again?" He asked, horrified as he quickly dialed up Gojo.

My heart fell to pieces as Yuji pushed me away for the first time. I couldn't stand to lose him!

"Gojo, sensei!" He shouted, tears welling in his eyes. "S-sukuna attacked my girlfriend! This is the second time!"

He went silent for a second while Gojo spoke before he looked back down to me. "Y/n... what all did Sukuna say to you? Can you tell Gojo?"

I didn't want to tell anyone the awful, degrading things Sukuna had said. Though, in seeing Yuji's expression I hesitantly agreed. I relayed only what was important to know to Gojo and I swallowed hard as I heard him sigh across the phone, trying not to make eye contact with Yuji—who was nearly sobbing at hearing my description of what happened.

I felt ashamed and entirely humiliated. "I understand. Are you alright, Y/n? Are you hurt badly?"

I shook my head. "I'm okay. Just a bruise."

"Alright, that's good. I'm sorry that happened. We should have been more careful going about this. Could you give the phone back to Itadori, now?" He hummed, his voice like a low purr.

Instinctively, I handed the phone right back to Yuji and sighed as he spoke on the phone with him in the hall for a while.

Soon, Yuji peeked around the corner, watching me sadly as I began to blend the forming bruise into my skin with foundation so that my family wouldn't notice. "We talked for a while...and, Gojo sensei thinks its best that you come back to Jujutsu High with me so we can keep you safe."

My eyes widened and I slowly turned to face him. "What??"