4

reece's pov:
"right lets get started with todays meeting then" i can already tell this is going to be boring.
i slump back in my chair but notice marjorie isn't here yet. that doesn't seem like something she'd do, be late i mean.

"wait before we start should we decide what we should call Siobhan?" i look around at everyones confused faces "its your first meeting as part of the board, should we call you boss, co captain? mum...?"

Siobhan scoffs and everyone else looks very amused, i am also quite amused at that one.

"reece call her Siobhan, don't call her mummy" he says and then stops what he's doing and goes wide eyed for a second and then acts normal. i'm holding back a laugh and am also a but concerned, but i'm more concerned about where mar-

"hi! hi! i'm so sorry i'm late, let me schooch next to autumn here" marjorie says while frantically walking, no jogging into the meeting room. "i had a bit of car trouble this morning she takes a lot of love to get started in the mornings" she continues while getting settled.

"lucky car" i say under my breath, smirking,  half for a laugh, thinking nobody would hear me. but of course marjorie looks up puzzled and scared? i think, you can never really tell with marjorie, but maybe i want to find out.

"what have i missed" she brushes my comment off swiftly, i am probably going to have to get used to that, aren't i.

"only the terrifying realisation that our father called Siobhan.... mummy" her eyes widen and she looks down"

"seriously?!?" Siobhan says.

"reece!" dad says.

i just raise and eyebrow at him and he huffs and hopefully gives up.

"right! first things first i see I've given somebody a pay rise, who has been promoted to team leader?" he says

"i think its that drip that autumns dating isn't it?" i say and instantly feel autumn kick my leg under the table, Jesus christ she can kick.

"that.. drip, happens to be a valued member of staff, he was worked so hard for everything he had earned! and he deserves a lot more! as does the rest of my staff" marjorie chimes in.

i look down and huff, defeated.

"very well, our next order of buisne-"

marjorie's phone chimes and she looks down and then interrupts.

"I'm so sorry, but i have got to go,"

"we've only just started" he looks frustrated

"i know and I'm sorry but Carly's has been sick everywhere and nobody can cover her so i have to go, cover for her."

"you don't have any spare staff?"

"well i would except he's" she looks me in the eyes and i look away "borrowing all my spare staff at the minute, so if you'll excuse me i need to rush back"

and with that she up and leaves, making me feel a little but guilty honestly.

so i get up and go after her.

"marge" i say but i don't think she hears me.

"marge!" i say a bit louder this time and she turn's around.

"excuse me, I've told you to stop calling me marge, we aren't friends."

"is that not your name?"

"its marjorie, you don't know me well enough to give me nicknames as i've told you"

"don't i?"

"how can you? we've only met twice!"

"sure.. twice in person, but I've heard all the stories about you. you've worked for my dad forever."

"we" "well i don't know much about you. so i don't think you and i will be so familiar"

i raise my eyebrow at her "would you like to get to know me? marge"

"not particularly! from what I've heard about you, i don't" and with that she drives away leave me behind.

autumn must have told her about prom