Pictures

Athena's Pov

“What is it?” Hades asked.

“Math.” I groaned. “I can't even complete the homework on my own, how am I supposed to clear the exams?”

“Chill, math is tough for everyone. And it's not your best subject.” Ares commented.

“Is that supposed to be motivating?” Hades scowled. “She should have a basic understanding of every subject, not just the ones she is good at.”

“How do you know it's not her best subject?” Zephyr asked with a lifted brow.

“Long story.” Ares shrugged.

“I have time.”

“No you don't. You're busy. Remember the meeting this weekend? You're conducting it so you should get familiar with the conditions to negotiate.”

“I can spare a few minutes to hear your supposed log story.” Zephyr said, getting irritated. He's always interested in other people's business.

Before Ares could come up with another frustrating reply for Zephyr. Hades cuts off their banter by speaking over them, addressing me.

“Show me that.” He gestured to my notebook.

I've been around for twenty one days now and they've gotten so used to my presence that I don't really irk them as much anymore. So occasionally, they start behaving like normal human beings towards me.

This is one of those times when they forget that I'm nothing to them and they hate my existence. I contemplated if I really should take his help. It was so weird how easily he just offered me his time like I didn't bother his peace.

After a few seconds, I decided it wouldn't hurt to get my homework done faster so without thinking further, I got up from the floor and went to him. He placed his laptop on the table and took my notebook from me.

Since he was sitting on a single seater sofa, I stood next to him. He gestured me to sit on the armrest and for some reason I loved that he cared enough to notice my discomfort.

I quietly took the offered seat as he asked, “We’re doing algebra?”

“That's fucking difficult.” Ares interjected, not looking up on his phone.

He’s always texting but whenever I've stolen a glance at the name, it's always a different one. Ares said he's the one who makes social connections, from the amount of time he dedicates to each contact, I'm sure he's quite good at it.

“I know right? Like why do we have to add alphabets in math? It's illogical.” I agreed with him.

“It's really not. You two are just dumb.” Hades scoffed. “If you get your basics right and try to learn it rather than memorize, Algebra is quite fun. First of…” I listened patiently as he explained the whole equation. After nearly fifteen minutes of it he asked, “So the sum of this would be…?”

“Thirteen!” I exclaimed with utmost confidence.

He smacked the back of my head. “Are you blind to denominators?”

I looked at him and pouted while rubbing my head as a slight pain settled there. “I didn't see it, your finger was covering that.” I made up an excuse.

“Tell that to your teacher when they fail you.” He rolled his eyes. “Now next one-”

I cut him off as I hastily got up. “I’m not learning from you, you’re mean.” 

“Sit back down, Athena.” He ordered.

“No. You hit me.”

“I didn't. That was just so you would focus.” He defended.