017. ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ɪɴ

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

That the last few days had been unbearable for Buffy Sommers, would be the understatement of the year. The girl had mostly stayed in bed, ignoring every time her phone rang and he-who-must-not-be-named's name appeared on her screen she had thrown it to the end of her bed, not even wanting to see the device.

Caroline had stayed over a lot too. From the moment Jenna had told the Forbes what had happened, because Buffy couldn't form the words, Caroline had offered them to personally go over to James's house and beat him up for what he did, but by the time she arrived at his house, he was nowhere to be seen.

It had been Alaric who had convinced Buffy to go to talk with Liz after hearing that James was gone. Of course he didn't want his daughter to relive what had happened, but he also wanted James to be in jail, for Buffy's sake.

Alaric, for some reason Buffy didn't understand, had come over a lot more than he had before but she was grateful for him doing so.

And there were the Gilbert siblings and Bonnie. Bonnie had called her the moment she had heard the news from Caroline as Elena had just sat down with her sister a lot for support.

Jeremy however had spent his day different than them. Between finding out that Anna is a vampire and they're are others and helping Buffy, Mr. Saltzman's words were repeating in his head. He had wanted to tell Buffy about his doubts but decided against it, not wanting to cause her unnecessary pain. Maybe later, when the whole thing had flown over a bit.

It had been a week now and Buffy wanted distractions. She was done with the feeling that even her favourite films didn't distracted her mind from what had happened.

And luckily Damon came knocking on the door with one.

"Hey, Buf, is Stefan here?" He asked as she let him inside. Surprisingly enough Damon had been a big support for her in the past week too. And the two had gotten closer. Damon went a bit more drastic than Caroline and had offered to go to James house and kill him and make it look like an animal attack.

Buffy can't say she didn't think about it.

"No, why? Is something wrong?"

"He went out in the woods and didn't come back. I can't get him on his phone. I figured he was here with Elena." He said and at the moment Elena appeared on the top of the stairs.

"Is Stefan with you?" Buffy asked.

Maybe these two had been in Elena's room or something?

"No, why?" 

"He didn't come back." Buffy answered, already taking out her phone to call Stefan. "It's going straight to voicemail." She said as the youngest vampire didn't pick up his phone.

"Where could he be?" Elena asked, as she arrived downstairs.

"You're not gonna like what I'm thinking."