Untitled Part 27

On the way, I closed my eyes for a short nap in the carriage. It was literally brief, so I didn't feel any less tired, but my mood improved slightly.

I went into the integrated professor's office as usual and had a cup of tea. I engaged in a subtle battle of nerves with the professors, and when the time came, I went into the lecture hall.

The second class was not easy. In some ways, it was more difficult than the first class.

As soon as I entered, the lecture hall became so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

I greeted them. No one answered.

I asked them what they thought literature was. The students were silent. They didn't even throw any criticism.

When I told them to take out their paper and writing tools, they all crossed their arms and leaned back in their chairs.

I tried again by calling on a specific student, he didn't even open his mouth.

I didn't know if Professor Coleman had told them beforehand or if the students had decided on their own, but it was clear that they had come in with a plan.

Among the students with sparkling eyes, I saw two familiar faces. The boy with caramel-colored eyes was wearing a fierce expression. The blond boy sitting next to him was smiling unpleasantly.

I looked around to see if there were any other familiar students, but there weren't. It was clear that this was a different class, even though the grade level was the same as the first class I taught.

I tilted my head and pulled up a chair to sit down.

I was not good at enduring silence in a confined space.

Ten minutes into the standoff, the students began to fidget. They seemed to be getting a little restless.

I stifled a yawn and tapped my fingers on my knee. Was the first class like this too?

No.

Although there was open hostility, there was still room for conversation.

Moreover, about one-fifth of the students wanted to continue taking classes from Professor Letier. This was because he was someone who could teach literature systematically and reliably.

I kept an eye on the boy with caramel-colored eyes and the blonde boy guarding him.

My first class was an accident. It was something that happened suddenly due to the bad temper of Professors Oster and Milman. The students were also surprised to see me.

However, this class was different. Professor Coleman asked me to come in advance and teach. The students also knew that I was going to be teaching the class. Could it be that those boys deliberately entered a different class because they knew?

"Hmm......."

It is possible. If they had some kind of purpose.

Those boys seemed to have played a big role in turning the students into stone.

It is more difficult than you think for a group of people to act with one mind. In the first class, two-fifths of the students wanted to continue taking literature classes even though they doubted Professor Letier's morality. In other words, there must have been a reason to change their minds. What method did they use?

The answer came quickly.

What if your students knew that Albert Letier was a literary dilettante?

Perhaps even the little respect or affection they had left for me had disappeared.

I crossed my arms and closed my eyes. There was nothing I could do with these stone figures in front of me, so I might as well catch up on some sleep.