Victor Surge, the mind behind the Slenderman

Start from the beginning

-Knudsen depicted the character as an abnormally tall, thin man, with a featureless face.

-He said he was inspired by Stephen King's "The Mist," among other fictions.

-The fact that Slender Man was becoming a favorite of the board was obvious from the reactions:

"God, Slender Man is so great...I just want more."

"I'm not usually one to get all bandwagony but Slender Man is honestly one of the most inspiring and sinister things I've seen lately. Something about it seems to strike some sort of primal 'wrong' chord."

-The next day, June 13, Knudsen put up two posts, each being half of the story he was telling that day. The first part of the set has two photos of misty forested areas, each containing a semi-hidden figure of the Slender Man, whose figure blends well with the trees in the forest. 

-The text of the posts reads as an official investigation report of the forest, triggered by an attack on two hunters who found a human body preserved in an odd way by the Slender Man

-The text of the posts reads as an official investigation report of the forest, triggered by an attack on two hunters who found a human body preserved in an odd way by the Slender Man. Details of the report mentioned what sounded like a child's giggling in the fog before the hunters were attacked.

Steinmen Woods

Both subjects were hunting in the Steinmen woods four hours before sundown. Surviving subject states that while hunting both men grew uneasy as fog levels rapidly increased. A constant murmuring sound accompanied by a low hum eventually became apparent to the two men an hour after the fog increased. An object falling out of tree stuck one of the men in the left shoulder causing him to discharge his weapon. Object said to be the body of a man of unknown age. It was very precisely dissected, with major internal organs still contained within the rib cage in what looked to be clear bags. Surviving subject placed organ bag within backpack. Attack followed several minutes later after a "low children's laugh, like a giggle". Surviving subject ran until he reached his vehicle. Subject then drove to assumed safety.

Backpack destroyed.

Surviving subject is classified as a B7 witness. B7 witness to be placed in quarantine "Blind Box" until resolution.

The story is getting real

Leperflesh suggested making a website designed to look like one created by an amateur investigator or conspiracy theorist; not professional looking at all, with an obvious name like 'slenderman.org.' This would be in a blog style, and they would take time to add small stories and snippets to fill it out, so it looked like new things were being discovered and added over time. They would then add some of the longer accounts from the original forum, carefully picking the stories that required the least amount of additional support... no mentions of secret government agencies that chase Slender Man, for example, as this is a further stretch of the imagination. The accounts posted should also describe the being, but not explicitly label it as Slender Man since, presumably, all 'witnesses' would not know that they were part of a repeating phenomena.