Traumatized

After a few minutes, Charlie got up from the floor, feeling light-headed. He limped towards the light switch, though not because his leg was damaged, but because his heart was. He feebly raised his hand and turned on the light.

Warm yellow light spread over the room, but Charlie couldn't care less about the surroundings, all he was thinking was about his father. Then, like a zombie, he slowly walked over to his bed and collapsed on it.

Charlie didn't know how long he had laid on his bed, but definitely a long time, the sky outside the window was dark blue. He sat up, and turned on the television on the opposite side of the bed, trying to find something relaxing to watch, his head was still full of the death of his father.

"At 5:36 pm, a demon attack occurred in Narwhal Street, the demon used its ability and destroyed infrastructures in a radius of over 500 meters. Up until now, the statistical data has reported that 1074 people had died in this attack and 1946 were wounded, with estimates of there would be over 2000 deaths and an economic loss of over 3 billion Eklamilian Uyedars. The leader of the Demon Hunter Organization, Arthur Dredrunez-"

"Dad..."

"pulled up a fight with the demon but perished along with other demon hunters when the demon used his ability. This was the biggest massacre the country had ever seen after the Eklamilian Civil War occurred in 1890. The demonologist at The University of Shamkle, Professor Hilper, stated that-" 

Charlie switched to another channel.

"I was about to visit my mother who lived near Narwhal Street but-"

Charlie switched to another channel.

"It had occurred in Narwhal Street that was just about 700 meters to downtown-"

Charlie finally remembered his favorite anime channel and switched to the channel.

But when he was watching the anime he kept thinking about his father's death, and tears rolled down his eyes. He turned off the television and decided to walk outside to take his mind off things.

Most of the sky was pitch black or dark grey at that point, the evening breeze brushed against his skin, street lamp illuminated his blank expression.

A few people walked by, talking about the demon attack that just occurred, and this made Charlie come up with an idea.

I should go to the place where the attack occurred.

He took a bus and arrived in the Soppern district, where Narwhal Street is.

When he got off the bus almost immediately he noticed the smoke in the distance. A large volume of people crowded the place, mostly reporters and people who were curious about this attack.

Charlie managed to squeeze through the crowd to a rescue team member who stood near the railing and had his face covered with dust, the voices of reporters asking questions, and ambulances deafening his ear.

"Hey, can I take a look at the body of my father? I'm the son of the leader of Demon Hunter Organization." Charlie said as he revealed the fire symbol on the back of his neck that every Dredrunez has. Even though he doesn't know why he wanted to look at his father's dead body.

"Sorry to disappoint you but your dad's body wasn't found yet. It is too dangerous to even enter where the attack occurred, there were gas leaks that could explode anytime. Even we could only go around here."

"Okay, got it." Said Charlie in a melancholy tone.

Charlie walked further away from the crowd.

Then, he raised his hands and formed the shape of an equilateral triangle. The triangle centered a pile of remnants, Charlie transmitted Sulldom energy( more about that later ) into his hands and eyes.

"Transvision." Charlie said in his head.

His view was stretched and a second later his perspective was on top of the pile of remnants. His body was still in its original place, with the same posture, while Charlie's perspective was like floating in mid-air with an invisible body. 

This trick was taught by his father, and can only be done by a Dredrunez.

On the right side of where his perspective was, a golden badge connected with a ring was on the pile of remnants.

Charlie's eyes widened inside his mind. It was his dad's.

The "badge" had a symbol of a cheetah revealing its intimidating teeth. Every demon hunter has it. You put the ring thing on your middle finger and the symbol will be on the palm, most of the time it's in the pocket though.

Charlie knew it was his dad's because it was shining in golden color, normal demon hunters' would be made out of bronze, but the leader's would be gold plated. He could feel tears roll down his face.

And then it happened a building exploded in flames because of the gas leaks, the loud sound almost deafened his ears.

The fire spread over the building, all that was in Charlie's mind right now wasn't his father, but rather, the fire.

The bright orange blazing inferno devoured the building, smoke rose from the sea of flames into the dark sky.

Somehow, Charlie found that scene quite... beautiful.

He just stared at the fire burn for a few minutes, before it was extinguished.

His mind was pulled back to reality, not believing what he just did.

But this was not the first time.

On his six-year-old birthday, his dad took him to the mall. However, when they arrived they saw the mall covered in flames .His dad was told that it was another demon attack, so he decided to let him stay where he was and he came into the mall where there was no fire to fight the demon with his abilities.

While Charlie just stood there, watching the fire burn, until his dad picked him up 15 minutes later. He was obsessed with the fire and was disappointed that it was extinguished.

He stopped Transvision and was exhausted from doing it for such a long time.

He took the bus to his house.

He lay on his bed, but he couldn't sleep because of the death of his father.

After rolling back and forth for around half an hour, he came up with an idea.

Maybe this would work.

He searched for campfire-burning sounds on his phone and let it play on the nightstand. As it was playing he thought of the building burning in his head.

It worked, he immediately was calmer and fell asleep after 2 minutes.