Chapter 4: Opportunity

My gaze was too focused on the screen in my laptop, watching every perfect transformation from imperfections to perfections. From my perspective, they all decided to change their appearances permanently with plastic surgery. Consequently, the price is much higher than my own face quality. I noticed how people would manage to pay this kind of expensive price on their own just to get a pretty face.

"Don't you even think about it, Sunny. You do know how consequent it is when you decide to do the surgery?" Rose has always been there to check up on me whatever happens. I didn't say anything. Now words I could think of at the moment. All I could think was how to be pretty? My eyes were on Rose. Her fluffy snowy hair made me envy the most. I wish I had that kind of hair. Why can't I get that kind genetic? I took the mirror out of my drawer, looking at my poor self.

Gosh, I hate my freckles. It's all over my face! Gosh, I hate my gap teeth! Then, I looked over at  Sarah Quinn's poster. I smiled gently, admiring her beauty. All I ever wanted to be, is to be like her. I wish I could wipe off my face and draw hers on mine. "Sunny, will you stop dreaming? Can you help me instead, folding these clothes. You know, a model shouldn't do this kind of things. It's gross."

She's not being serious about that, is she? God, Rose has always been the whining bratty girl which I despise the most about her. "Stop relying on everything on me! can't you do everything on your own?" I frowned showing how annoyed I was being in the same room as her.

Rose chuckled. "I am lazy to do something that I find it rather boring." She threw some of my clothes onto my face. "Rose, you have got to be kidding me!" I shouted pointing my finger at her. "Fold it, and stop complaining." She chuckled again gesturing her full innocent expression that she had always made just in case if mom emerges in.

My eyes slightly turned to Rose who rested her legs on the soft couch, watching her favourite show on television. "Couch potato." I muttered under my breath. A sudden commercial caught up my attention when it comes to a beauty changes. I saw various of imperfections throughout the faces on the screen. The transformation was insane. Button nose, thick lips, symmetrical face, perfect face shape that made me think twice. When I saw the price, yeah. It's the same. It's not cheap at all. I need money.

I walked straight to Rose and stood in front of her. "Move aside, will you? I am watching it." I shook my head, refusing to move. "Do you think you could...uh..." I paused, asking myself, 'Should I ask her?'. Perhaps, I should. I should give it a shot. "What do you want this time?" She sighed, stirring her strawberry salad while her blue eyes bored on me.

"I was wondering if you could lend me million dollars for the surgery..." I lowered my gaze, scratching my right eyebrow. "Are you serious right now? What kind of surgery? Do you have any decease?" I swear to God she knew what I meant. She was just being sarcastic all the time if I needed her help. That's why I could think twice if I ever wanted to ask her a favor.

"Plastic surgery, I assume?" Rose smirked slightly while placing her salad plate aside. I nodded my head slightly showing how desperate I wanted that surgery. "It's for my beneficial dream and future." I added to convince her. Her cackling began to sting my eardrums. "Don't be ridiculous, you are not good enough to be a model like me." She gently touched my shoulders. "Oh sister, I think it's better for you to think about other occupation that suits you well. Don't force yourself." I shoved her hands off me, feeling irritated by her words. "I can be whatever I want." I replied her sarcasm with my wrath.

"As you wish." Rose bribed the salad into her mouth afterwards. I walked away from her since it was the most irritating moment ever. Then, I spotted a sign up paper for new talents of modelling on Rose's table.
"Rose, what's this?" I inquired with so much curiosity in me. Rose barely turned her gaze to me and said, "we are searching for new talents in the club. Why are you asking?" I hummed, feeling elated about this biggest opportunity. "Can I take one?"