🦇🖤Chapter Twelve-Big News🖤🦇

'Vin guess what!' Vanya shrieked from the bed next to me. It was lunchtime the day after the potion and everything was peaceful. Audrey and Dillon were at outside having lunch, whilst me and Vanya were in our dorm eating chicken sandwiches. She was scrolling on her phone when she shreiked. 'What? What is it babe?'' I asked in a panic, putting my paper plate on the bedside table. 'Look!' She said excitedly, showing me her phone. 'Why are you looking at the school newsle-what?' It was the headline of the day. 'NEW YEAR'S SCHOOL PROM TO STILL TAKE PLACE ON THE 25TH!' Said the headline. I gasped. 'September 25th! That's my birthday! And next week!'
'Yeah, I know! So it's gonna be extra special!'
'Yeah! Do you wanna be my date?'
'OK!' She said, hugging me and stroking my hair with her orange bitten nails painted to match her orange hoodie. I pulled away, holding her hands, staring into her eye. 'That's what I love about you.'
'What?' She asked, blushing.
'The way you dress, you look perfect. You are perfect.' I said, and through I sudden burst of confidence, I kissed her. It was just a small kiss on her forehead and it ended as quickly as it began, but it felt perfect. Suddenly, ending the moment, the bell rang for the next class, potions. Vanya hugged me, smiling, and skipped to her next lesson. I hung back and chuckled softly before catching up with her.
------------------------------------------------------
251 Words