Talk To Me : Part Two (For The First Time In Forever)

Lou POV
How? Amber was in love with me this whole time? Was that why she had started to act a little weird recently?

I couldn't believe it. The sparks were thundering in my brain, as if excited and confused at the same time. And when Amber said, "Feelings have always been complicated for me—and now most of all. There's a new mix of emotions I feel every time I see you, and I don't know what to do. But if you want to, we can figure it out together. And even if you don't, I'll still remain your close friend and be there to help you. I just need you to know that my feelings will definitely take some time to resolve themselves, so it may take me a while to truly see you as just a friend, and nothing more, again,"—my emotions plunged me into a whole new sea of messes.

Semiconsciously, I pulled her back and called, "Amber!"

Oh no oh no oh no, I thought as she stared at me with her sparkling eyes. What should I say watshudisaynononono?

"You don't have to decide now," Amber placed her palm on mine as she told me, "I'll be waiting, from now till forever, for your answer. If you don't feel the same way? I'll be fine. But if you do? Well...I'll leave you to imagine what it'll be like."

My mind raced through all the times Amber and I had shared together, suddenly seeing them in a very different light.

The first time I had helped Amber—when the clouds were covering the sky, they were all battling viciously, and I had came out to protect them...Amber had thanked me for my help, and given me a hug. I hadn't felt it at first, but now that I rethought it...when she wrapped her arms around me...I felt...safer.

If I hadn't been so distracted by other crazy things, would that feeling have grown? Could it still, now?

When I had come up with ideas to help the gang, Amber always looked at me with a warm smile. And as I remembered that beautiful expression...I felt happier.

And when I had saved her, and she embraced me tightly, I...felt feelings I couldn't understand. But now...I did.

Amber had buried her face in her hands as she walked back to the house, but I quickly grabbed her shoulder.

She stared at me warmly as she asked, "Guess you've made your decision, huh?"

I said nothing, instead pressing my lips against hers, letting it carry the hundreds of "yes"es pounding in my mind. And for the first time, I felt happier than I had ever felt in a long time.

Safer.

Excited.

Curious.

In love, for the first time in forever.