Picnic Romance

The sun hung lazily in the sky as its yellow rays glowed over Aurora Meadows, painting the suburban landscape in hues of soft pastels. The air was filled with the melodious symphony of birds chirping, their sweet melodies carrying through the gentle breeze that rustled the leaves of trees lining the streets. In one of the charming pink gable two-story residences, nestled among the peaceful among the tranquil neighborhood, lived Luna Avonlea, a delightful nine-year-old girl with a heart as pure as the springtime air. Her parents, ever-doting and supportive, filled the house with laughter and affection. She herself was a vision of innocence and grace, her soft light brown curls framing her rosy, chubby cheeks like a halo. She possessed a natural charm, radiating from her sparkling eyes and contagious smile. Luna was the epitome of a classic girly girl, her wardrobe filled with frilly skirts and pristine white leggings, reflecting her love for all things feminine.

Luna's mom: Luna, It's time for us to go to your school picnic event. I hope you're happy!

Luna's dad: And you'll finally get to interact with kids your age.

Luna: Yes, I am. I hope everyone there is nice.

Luna: I can't believe it'll be my first day in a public school next Monday.

Luna's mom: You're gonna love your new school, trust me. It's the best school in Oakhaven.

After putting on a beautiful dress her parents bought for her a month ago, young Luna followed her parents from behind and walked out of the door. The delicate fabric swirled around her legs as she followed closely behind her parents, anticipation bubbling within her as they made their way to the Sunday school picnic in Oakhaven. Upon arriving, she was greeted by a lively scene, filled with the joyful laughter of children her age engaged in various games and activities. The air was tinged with the aroma of freshly cut grass and the sweet scent of treats being served nearby. Families mingled around picnic blankets and tables, parents chatting amicably while sipping tea or enjoying snacks. Luna's parents scanned the bustling crowd until their eyes settled on Miss Shirley, her teacher, engaged in conversation with a group of parents. With smiles on their faces, Luna's parents led her over to where Miss Shirley stood.

Luna's dad: Miss Shirley, you're here. What a pleasant picnic this is.

Miss Shirley: Ahh, I see you and your wife have finally come at last.

Miss Shirley: She stared down at Luna. And you must be Luna Avonlea...My new student.

Luna: She did a little curtsy. Yes, ma'am. It's nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to my new class too.

Miss Shirley: What a lovely, polite girl you are. I'm excited to be teaching you too.

Miss Shirley: Why don't you run along now and find some people to play with while I have a talk with your parents about my class curriculum?

Miss Shirley: There's also lemonade and ice cream on the table there you can enjoy.

Luna: Sure, that sounds awesome. I'll go now.

After Miss Shirley encouraged Luna to mingle in with her peers, the girl walked off and approached the table with pastries, ice cream, and lemonade. However, when it was her turn to scoop some ice cream in a plastic bowl, two girls behind casually shoved her aside and berated her for holding up the line.

Girl #1: You're in the way, loser.

Girl #2: Yeah, you were cutting the line. It was supposed to be our turn.

Luna took a step back at the two girls who had pushed her aside, their straight hair and puffed-sleeved dresses making them stand out in the crowd. The blonde girl with sapphire blue eyes and the other with long black hair and dark brown eyes glared at her with disdain.