I sighed and slowly pulled my hand away. "Amore, I'm going to work," I said with a little chuckle.

I kissed his forehead and turned to leave.

"P-please... please Mommy... stay with me..." Alex whimpered.

I really needed to go into the office today but how could I deny my adorable husband whining for me?

With a sigh, I climbed back into bed. I wonder if he knows what he's doing to me. I pulled his body closer to me and he immediately took the opportunity to cling to me, making me instantly stiffen.

After a few mumbles of nonsense from Alex, I relaxed again and played with his hair while he continued to sleep.

-----time skip------

I'd gotten bored from just sitting there while Alex slept on me, so I got out of bed and walked outside to the balcony that was attached to my room.

Grabbing out a packet of cigarettes, I put one in my mouth and fiddled with a lighter before sparking a flame. I lit my cigarette and inhaled deeply. I blew the smoke out into the cold morning air.

"Fuck I needed that," I mumbled, leaning my head back slightly and closing my eyes.

"Needed what?" I heard a groggy, horse voice say from behind me.

I turned around and saw Alex standing near the door but on the inside of my room.

"Morning, Amore. It's just a cigarette." I explained, moving the cigarette that was between my fingers into his view.

Alex frowned seeing the cigarette and slowly walked outside.

"Baby, you'll freeze, go back inside." I sighed, turning away to look back out at the view.

But I felt something tingle against my leg and then something press against my leg. I looked down to see Alex sitting on the cobble floor with his head resting on my leg. I tried not to smile at how he looked at this second. "Amore, didn't I say go back inside?" I asked in a slightly teasing tone.

Alex looked up at me with his big adorable puppy eyes. "Smoking is bad." He mumbled. I was about to speak up when he looked at my legs, looked at me, at my legs and back to me. "May I kiss?" He asked with a smile. I gave him a look. "Please?" He added with a wider smile after seeing my glare.

He needs to learn that he doesn't get anywhere without manners. Not when it comes to me anyway.

I nodded slowly. "You may." I granted, looking back at the trees.

I felt gentle kisses trail along the side of my leg. His lips were so soft and I wanted to kiss them again.

"Please don't smoke." He mumbled between kisses. "It hurts your insides." He added, looking up at me with pleading eyes.

"maledetto inferno. Non posso credere che lo farò." I muttered before putting out my cigarette. "Contento?" I sighed, looking down at him. He gave me a confused look in response. Right, he doesn't understand Italian. "... Happy?" I asked again but in English.

Alex's eyes lit up and he nodded a lot. He's a little bundle of energy.

"Come on then. You'll catch your death out here." I mumbled, walking back inside. He scrambled after me, stupidly not using anything to help him up.

I walked back over to the bed and Alex practically jumped in next to me. "Jesus," I mumbled when he insisted on hugging me.

He looked up at me with wide sad eyes and let go of me. He moved back to his side of the bed.

I looked at him confused, "why did you move?" I questioned, turning around to face him.

Alex looked down at the floor, in a scared way not a submissive way which is very different when you know the difference. "C-cause... you d-didnt want i-it..." He mumbled.

"Okay, first of all, look at me when I'm talking to you. Secondly, I was just surprised. You can hug me if you want to." I gave him a gentle smile. Which felt VERY weird to do but also felt right.

Alex smiled a little and then a lot before jumping back over to me and clinging onto me tightly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and his hands explored a little before they sat where my hip dips were. His hands were a perfectly fit. His head was nuzzled into my chest.

I leaned down to whisper in his ear. "Did you enjoy last night?"

I felt his grip tighten and he brought himself closer. I think he was just trying to hide his blush which was pointless because you could see his tomato face from miles away. "S-shut up." He whined, making me laugh.

"You sounded like you enjoyed it." I grinned, teasing him further about it. I'm not wrong and he knows that, he was a whimpering mess last night.

Alex whined again, "Shhhh." He reached up, without looking, to try to put his hand over my mouth. I quickly grabbed it before he could.

"Don't you dare."

He giggled at how easily I got frustrated.

"Okay, Amore, I'm going." I sighed.

Alex's head snapped up to look at me. "What? No." He mumbled, sadly.

I kissed his forehead and slowly detached myself from him. "I'm just going to work for a bit in my home office. You can come and see me anytime. But knock, okay?" I said the last bit sternly, I don't like people coming into my office without permission.

He nodded and got off me. "Okay. I come knock if I need anything?"

"Exactly."

Alex smiled and rolled back over to his side of the bed again. "Okay. I'm going back to sleep then."

"Okay." I nodded, I got up and grabbed his teddy that I won for him. I placed it on the bed next to him. "So you don't hug the pillow again," I smirked.

I heard him whine and hide his face in embarrassment but he slowly reached out for the bear and held onto it tightly like he would to me.

I smiled slightly before walking out of our bedroom and shutting the door behind me.

Once in my office I immediately went to work. Okay, maybe not immediately. I had one glass of wine. Maybe two. Okay fine. I had a bottle or two of whisky. Honestly, I don't remember the bottles just started piling up and most of them didn't have a label.

It's kinda short ik but yeah. Don't ask why I'm currently planning my next book when I'm not even done with this one. I edited something so the first 80 didn't see a particular line or two.

Word count: 1695