Chapter 1 - Winter

Start from the beginning

"Try again, idiot!" She yelled at me, making me lose my calm facade. I glared at her so hard she flinched.

On that note, she raised her sharp daggers again and launched herself at the man who had failed at setting her on fire. Without a single burn on her, she ducked under his kunai and stabbed him in the chest. Her quick movements surprised me as before she had looked like she was too exhausted to lift a finger.

Flipping backward into a bend back and then kicking him in the chest with her feet, I watched as she used the momentum to flip herself again so she was standing back on her two feet. Unable to contain my excitement I used my Sharingan to watch her every move. Finally, a challenge for me.

She didn't miss a single beat. Ducking under the next kunai that had been thrown by one of the Ninja women, she swung her dagger behind her cutting the woman's chest open. The woman screamed and fell back, clutching herself. I smirked at the girl, carefully not trying to laugh in amusement.

Two Ninja men threw themselves at her and she spun around and kicked the guy on her left, as he was thrown back she swung at the other guy's neck. He caught her hand so with quick thinking she kneed him in his stomach. Red liquid burst out of his mouth and she grabbed his arm and twisted it around so we could all hear the sickening crunch. She punched him in the face and as he fell back, the Ninja on her left got up again, ready for round two.

I was really getting into it, this girl was good. But no longer had I gotten into it, Orochimaru held up his hand. "Enough!" He called to his Ninja. Unfortunately, the girl probably couldn't understand Japanese, so she kept on fighting and stabbed the guy on her left in his chest. So I quickly shouted, "Enough! The fight is over!" And the girl stopped, somehow she had managed not to kill any of the Ninja.

When the girl cleaned her knives in the grass and hooked them through her belt, she got down on her knees in front of the wounded Ninja and started nursing them, much to their protest. I even heard her muttering, "Sorry," to them. It was the weirdest sight I had ever seen. Unable to wrap my head around it, I shook my head and turned to Orochimaru.

"Should I grab the girl?" I asked him in my monotone voice because devoid of emotion is how he liked to speak to me, he always says that emotion is a weakness.

"What language were you speaking Sasuke?" He asked me quietly, not wanting anyone else to hear.

"English, Lord Orochimaru." He slowly nodded, not really understanding, and looked at the girl who was still muttering apologies to the wounded and almost dead Ninja.

"I take it you are the only one here who can communicate with her?" He thought out loud. When I nodded he muttered, "Grab the girl and bring her to me," and much louder, "We set up camp here!"

All the Ninjas grunted in unison and started to organize sleeping spaces and a large tent for Orochimaru. The girl looked up and saw everyone unpacking. Already guessing her next move I started towards her as she ducked out of view and started running back into the dark forest.

"Oh no you don't," I muttered under my breath as I leaped over the trees and bounced off the branches. Watching with my Sharingan, I see her stumbling through the forest in an ungraceful manner. Is she not a Ninja?

Catching her in a few seconds, she tries to shove me and so I tackle her to the ground, the force of my action sending us both tumbling down a hill. Screaming in frustration and blatant anger as I clung to her, she tried to hit me but I pinned her arms.

"Let go of me, you idiot!" She screamed again as we came to a rest at the bottom of the hill, thumping into a tree.

"Calm down!" Pinning her arms and sitting on her stomach, she struggled to breathe. When she calmed down she growled.