○Chapter 27○ Reset

YURIKA'S POV

"Tadaima." I locked the door and took my shoes off. I entered the dark and empty house and headed straight for my room. The desk was stacked with the usual music sheets of the previous tenant. It was a pity she left them here, they were beautiful pieces. I would have loved to meet her.

It would not be wrong to just take a little peek...

I took the first sheet I saw. It was titled 'Broken'. The lyrics seemed rather depressing. It was like she was calling out to someone. I decided to try playing it later so I stuff the sheets into my bag and grabbed my luggage full of my stuff so I could move to the dorms. Before I leave I needed to speak to my father. Pulling the luggage out of the room with me, I headed to the room at the end of the hallway. I knocked on the door and waited. No one answered.

I sighed and turned around. He probably wasn't home. Then, the door creaked open and he greeted, "Yurika."

I turned back around and faced him. "Hello father."

"How was your day?" He asked.

"It was all right. I think I will fit right in in Saotome Academy," I replied.

"That sounds nice, remember what I told you."

"Yes, I remember. Don't fall in love."

+++

I dragged my luggage into the dorm room and closed the door. It was a rather huge room, well bigger than mine back home. My roommate was lying on her bed in her side of the room. She was listening to music on headphones. She had long red hair and yellow eyes. She kind of resembled Nanami-sensei but with longer hair. She looked up from her ipad and noticed me. She smiled and greeted, "Hey you must be Yuri-chan! I am Ittoki Azusa! Nice to meet you. I am in the idol course."

"Nice to meet you Ittoki-san. W-Wait, Yuri-chan?" I stuttered in embarrassment.

"Yup! Since we are going to be friends, I decided to call you Yuri-chan! You can call me Azu-chan!" Azusa replied.

"O-Okay. Azu-chan..." I replied, still rather embarrassment. It was the first friend I made since then. "What are you listening to?"

"Oh, I am listening to Yuriko, her songs are awesome!" She replied.

"Yuriko?"

"You never heard of her before? Well, I guess that's normal. She did disappear five years ago. The most amazing thing is that she writes and sings her own songs! Here, listen to this song. It's called 'Broken'." Azusa passed me her headphones. She disappeared five years ago, that explains why I never heard of them.

I wore them and she played the song. The song was the same as the music sheet I picked up, so Yuriko stayed in that room? No, it must be a huge coincidence. She sang each note perfectly. I wondered why she disappeared.

"How did you find it? W-Wait Yuri-chan are you okay?" Azusa asked. "You are crying."

I am crying? This is getting too common. Why do all these songs make me cry?

"It's nothing." I wiped the tears and smiled. "I guess music gets to me easily."

"That's normal I guess. Yuriko's first few songs are pretty sad, did you know she was dating a member of Quartet Night and they debuted as Aiko, here's their song." Azusa pressed a different song and it really was different. The music and style. It was happier, listening to it, made me smile. "She really is a wonderful singer. What was the name of her partner?"

"It was Mikaze Ai if I remember correctly..."

"Mikaze Ai?"

"Oh you probably never heard of him too, he disappeared 5 years along with Yuriko."